1970 to 1972 Deluxe Door Panels

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by SMK, Feb 28, 2018.

1. SMK

SMK New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Selling both Left and Right 1970-1972 deluxe door panels. Come with armrests, correct interior handles and escutcheons, Special screws for lower plastic pieces, and correct window regulators with longer stems. These are good not perfect but with some work they could be very nice. Some cracking on the back upper plastic inner structure really the worst of it. Front corners of the vinyl are showing some wear. Chrome and woodgrain are in really nice condition. Regulators are in excellent condition as well. My car is not a number matching showpiece and need some cash to put into other things so these door panels are not all that critical for my purposes. I have seen these going for crazy money so thought I would see what is out there for interest on them... New to using this forum but have spent many an hour researching on the site so thought it might be time to sign up see if I could move these to a good home an generate some much needed capital for the rest of my restoration. If interested please email and I can send additional photos etc... asking $1500 IMG_0097.jpg IMG_0098.jpg IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0104.jpg IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0094.jpg IMG_0097.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Need to post a price. forum rules.

Those are above average but to take them to perfect is difficult.

JB weld works great on the cracks on the back.

It even works good on the corner cracks. You will have to sand them a bit and then SEM Landau black.

3. SMK

SMK New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Any thought on what they are worth? I have seen similar listed upwards of 2k... just was not sure if that was as crazy as it seems? Looking for input on real value? Will see if I can figure out how to amend the post with a price...
    Thanks...

4. 70lt1z28

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    There has been a nice set of 72-73's (different, but still hard to find) on eBay for 1700 for a long time. My guess, is if you want to sell them fast about 1200- 1300. If you want to sit on them awhile about 1500 to 2000. Perfect NOS panels only can go for 2k. The regulators are hard to find, but its pretty easy to convert standard regulators by extending the crank handle shaft a bit.

What they ask for on eBay and what they get are two different things. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I paid 600 from a member here for a right side panel that was in average shape. The upper vinyl was very good but the die cast part was pitted. I used my original die cast part which was excellent with the purchased rest of the panel. I've got about 5 hours into it bringing it up to very good-excellent condition.

Just Dashes can replace the vinyl part, but it isn't exactly correct. The faux stitching they don't try to do. They quoted me a price of 1640 per pair complete restoration.

It looks like in one of your photos for the right panel there are some dents in the rear of the vinyl? If not, you may want to post another photo.

5. SMK

SMK New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    That is great info thank you so much... totally get the eBay thing that's why I was asking... did not want to be that out of line with real value for what they are...

6. servello2005

servello2005 Veteran Member

Jun 22, 2013
    toronto ontario
    nice door panels i have not seen these for sale in long time should sale no problem.

7. SMK

SMK New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    IMG_1901.JPG IMG_1904.JPG IMG_1906.JPG Thanks for the encouraging words... seems like a lot of money for something that has been in storage in my basement for the last 20 or so years... but undoubtedly they are rare... Just not something that I need for my project so hopefully someone will put them to good use. As you can see I am a log way from door panels...

8. 70lt1z28

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    You are alot closer than some of us.

9. SMK

SMK New Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Thanks for the encouragement...long way to go...

10. rlockhart

rlockhart New Member

Aug 13, 2014
    New Braunfels