1970 RS - A British Resto

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Cowman, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Cowman

Cowman Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Berkshire, England - UK
    Hi everyone, happy New Year!

I can't believe my last post was way back in September, a lot has happened since then to keep me busy, mostly this little fella which we got towards the end of September...

[​IMG]

Frank or 'Lemon Brain' as he's affectionately known has taken up a fair amount of our time, but has been worth it. He's an Old Tyme Bulldog, a cross between an American Bulldog, Bull Mastiff and Pit Bull. He's now almost 6 months old and a great companion...

[​IMG]

We came over in November to travel the Pacific Highway, starting in San Francisco and taking in the coastal route down to LA, crossing to Vegas and heading back across country to fly back out of San Francisco. Plenty of miles and plenty of great memories, we even had the weather, remember that heat wave..!

[​IMG]

Christmas has been and gone, as has new year, progress on the car has been slow but I did manage to make some minor progress towards getting the car ready for the road. I now have legal UK plates and a spare - just in case...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other progress has included putting a few more hours on the engine and getting the fans set up, but now I need to focus on those last few jobs to get her on the road. I need to fill and bleed the brakes, install the driveshaft, connect the handbrake cables, fit the washer hose, fit the kickdown cable... Only small jobs but those are the ones which take time.

I best make a start!

RICARDO1969 likes this.
  2. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    i was wondering were you have been. Great looking dog and will he be riding shotgun. LOL. Keep moving forward so you can be cruising for the Summer.

3. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Hamilton,MI
    Great looking pup. He's probably a strong little fellow.

4. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Beautiful pup! Gotta love the quizzical look on his face!

5. Cowman

Jul 16, 2010
    Berkshire, England - UK
    Hi everyone, I have updates!

I have been working through the snagging list, lots of checks and things to finish, I spent a good few nights just going over the chassis and checking that everything was torqued up to the correct spec. I sorted out the fuel gauge, pulled unnecessary cables from the loom, got the electric fans dialled in, set up the kickdown and throttle cables, fitted head shields to cables, secured the battery, fitted brackets, got the interior lights working, basically all those small jobs which seem to get left.

Over the past week or so I've been working on the brakes, I made sure to bench bleed the master, its amazing how long it can take to get those bubbles out...

[​IMG]

I decided to treat myself to one of Motive Products Power Bleeders, this made bleeding the brakes a simple one man job, money well spent, although I did end up chasing leaks for an hour or so...

[​IMG]

Once I'd finished the brakes, I got the driveshaft installed and the parking brake cable hooked up.

Watch this space...:bowtie:

6. 70ZED

70ZED Veteran Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Great job there ! Lovin that Citrus Green, too. Is that color original to this car ?

7. Cowman

Jul 16, 2010
    Berkshire, England - UK
    Thanks, yes original colour of citrus green, it's such a great colour, I love it and the black stripes really pull the black details together.

70ZED likes this.
  8. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Have you had it out on the street yet?

9. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Looking forward to seeing pics of it out on the street and terrorizing the little old ladies in the neigbhourhood!

10. Kinda have the scene of Jurassic Park in my head. With a cup of tea instead the water glass pounding and shaking :D