1970 Camaro SS Fully Restored

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by 70SS350, Jan 28, 2018.

1. 70SS350

70SS350 New Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Chicago Area
    Well here goes, I have decided to sell my 70 SS Cortez Silver / Black, Original Drive Train 350 4 Bolt Main, TH350, 12 Bolt Open 3:07 rear, Power Brakes front Disc, Power Steering Original Interior except what I believe the Wood Grain Dash and Steering Wheel horn cover have been replaced. The front and rear spoilers were added and the rally wheels with wheel opening trims. The car won 2009 MCACN Concurs Gold for restoration I have the awards, also won 2 place in class for 2010 Midwest Corvette and Chevy show.

The car was a full frame off rotisserie restoration. Documentation includes Protect O Plate, Original Sales Invoice from Shaver Chevy and Original Owners Manual. She is fun to drive, tight and everything including the AM Radio works as it should.

After posting a couple weeks ago asking for input, about lightly massaging her, have to agree with everyone commenting to leave the car AS IS, and consider selling for another. IMO this is a Beautiful Car with a Great Story. Car was in garage storage since about 1978 when it was last plated, the gas tank began leaking the owner removed it, became ill an later passed away. A friend of the owner purchased the car from the family and in 2009 completed a full restoration. The daughter of the original owner authored a letter of her remembrance of the car and also have some beautiful photos of the family with the car from the early 70s.

Based on documentation strongly believed the current mileage under 26,000 is accurate. I have more than 150 Photos of the restoration from start including taking the car to bare metal and full engine rebuild pics. All of the engine components are original except the Fuel Pump, I have the original pump. All of the body parts as far as I am aware all original. All of the Glass including the Windshield is original and in pretty good shape for 47 Years Old, better than the windshield in my 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit.

I am asking $42,000, open to reasonable offer. Only request if anyone wants to provide negative comment on the car or asking price please do so by Private Email, not for me but out of respect for the car. I am not listing this car anywhere else, ultimately if I do not sell her to someone that would respect and enjoy I will keep her. Would really like to keep the car but out of room in
    my garage. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0242 (2).JPG IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0316.JPG 97fa5b1e9e_640.jpg 48802fdfd1_640.jpg 68bbe21c9d_640.jpg
    IMG_0320.JPG

2. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

Mar 25, 2010
    marietta ohio
    Glad you decided to keep that Camaro as is. Very beautiful car and excellent restoration. Good luck with sale.

3. 70SS350

Nov 12, 2016
    Chicago Area
    Thanks appreciate it, so many little cool things about this car, floor pans are like new never dented or creased no towing pull marks in the holes in frame, its like a time capsule the reason I bought her to begin, was lucky to drive these cars in the day got my license in 1973 unfortunately the Chicago area winters wrecked these cars very quickly.

4. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

May 19, 2014
    Rochester, MN
    That is a beauty. I would have a very hard time not pushing another car out of the garage lol.

5. Spirit1

Spirit1 New Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Interrested in the camaro is there a number i can call to setup a time to look at? I didn't see a number in your post.

6. Billy 30548

Billy 30548 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Look great nice job!

7. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

I'm pretty sure I judged your Camaro at the MCACN show. I was impressed then as I am now.
    So refreshing to see original 2nd Gen Rally Wheels on a 2nd Gen Camaro (what a concept)

All the best

8. 70SS350

Nov 12, 2016
    Chicago Area
    APOLOGY Spirit 1 I have been traveling on business and not notified I received any of these posts. I responded to your Private Message.

9. 70SS350

Nov 12, 2016
    Chicago Area
    Chuck thank you appreciate it. Great Show MCACN... I love the Rally wheels actually so much I purchased the OER Trim Rings very nice pieces for the openings pretty costly but well worth it, they really finish the wheels. Also had both bumpers chromed in Show Chrome finish when you saw the car at MCACN they were the original chrome according to the prior owner. Some are not fans of the Non RS but I like front layout with the full bumper personally. Thanks for the compliments have a great weekend.

10. 70SS350

Nov 12, 2016
    Chicago Area
    The Camaro has been sold, thanks everyone for the positive comments, feeling a bit glum today.