1970 Camaro RS Parts

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by Goosesdad, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Ryan6773

Ryan6773 New Member

Apr 16, 2017
    I have also delt with Rich dozens of times from buying parts and also cars from him.Good guy always respectful,and knowledgeable.I don't expect anyone to sell parts to me for what they pay for them,what I do expect from people is to sell parts at a fair price no matter what they had paid for them.Isnt that what the hobby is about.Just my opionion

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  2. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    I'm with Stafs05 and Ryan6773. Rich didn't negotiate a lower price...he paid the asking price of the seller. What he does with the parts after that is no one's business. There is nothing unethical or immoral about it and name calling on this forum should not be tolerated.

3. stafs05

stafs05 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 26, 2007
    chicago,IL
    Agreed. Name calling, or degrortory remarks base on opinion should not be allowed. Thank you for the input.

4. zachary8

zachary8 Veteran Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've too, have dealt with Rich on several occasions. First, besides the fact that he has always been helpful with advice on how to solve problems with my car he has actually spent several hours working on my car for free. In my opinion and experience, he has truly represented what the spirit of this website is all about: helping each other out with our cars even beyond just giving advice and opinions. I've swapped, bought and sold parts and complete cars with him and always found him to be fair and honest. Second, when someone sells something they put a price on it. It's not the buyers' job to tell the seller that the item is priced too reasonably. When someone gets a good deal on something why would you be jealous and call them names? Grow up. When you buy a loaf of bread at the store you are paying more for the bread than the store paid. Are you pissed at the store?

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    Shizzle, if you have a problem with a member, why don't you just send them a PM instead of the playground name calling?
    Knuckle Dragger already warned you in the thread below about personal attacks.
    http://www.nastyz28.com/threads/new-demon-840hp-9-65-quarter-and-bad-to-the-bone.311216/page-6

My good friend stafs05 introduced me to hoov81 a few years ago. He's always been generous with his time and knowledge in helping me with my cars and treating me with respect and patience, even though he has probably forgotten more than I'll ever know. His prices are fair and he's always been honest about the parts. My guess is that he's done more to keep our 2nd gens alive than you ever have or will.

My sincere apologies to Goosesdad for my post on his swap meet thread.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  6. wasp

wasp Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Milpitas, CA
    Conversation sent on 9 horns, 12 shifter, 14 door panels, 27 window regulator

7. I'm So confused, I thought this was a buy and sell forum?!
    Anyway looking for the brackets for the RS grill and the split bumpers and brackets.

Ill shoot you a P.M

8. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Hoovs good people..........................Still looking for a killer set of black 70 deluxe door panels reasonably priced ;)

9. Eliminator SS

Eliminator SS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 14, 2002
    South East, Nebraska
    Take the high road man. Prove him wrong by not posting it on ebay for a profit.
    To be honest I left this forum for several years because of stuff just like this. You're right. But don't stoop to the lower level. If you're truly a business man that makes his living buying parts off here and flipping them then at least have the stature to take comment like he made and let it go man.

Twins71 likes this.
  10. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    I don't know what people do on here but there's always this as far as unethical ....
    I have a very simple question but one in which no one seems to have an answer. I made $2,600 profit on eBay selling old items last year. Do I need to report that income on my tax return? … Ebay does not send out 1099's, so I ask: how would the federal government know what I made selling items on Ebay? They would not. The other point some people have mentioned was it a business or a hobby selling items on Ebay? For me it was a hobby. I did not buy and resell items at a higher price. My tax accountant advised me not to report the extra income. I am interested to hear your thoughts on the issue and what the IRS thinks?
    Michael, Randallstown, MD

It is against the law not to report all income to the IRS.

It’s also true that billions of dollars in income go unreported every year. The exact amount, for obvious reasons, is tough to pin down. Much of this unreported income doesn't hit the IRS radar because it comes from sources that don't independently report it -- like wages paid by employers or dividend and interest income paid by banks and investment firms.

To help you stay on the right side of the law, the IRS has come up with all sorts of ways to report this miscellaneous income. If you want to call your eBay venture a hobby, for example, you can only do this as long as you're not pursuing the hobby with the intention of making money. (One test requires that you make no profit from your hobby in two of five consecutive years.) If you do report this as hobby income, you can deduct hobby expenses from your that income. But you can’t use hobby losses to offset other, non-hobby income.

If you call selling stuff on eBay a business, different rules apply, but you can still deduct expenses from your business income. You may not want to go through the paperwork to call it a business, though, if you don't expect to have a lot of profit or expense from future eBay-ing

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017