1970-1973 owners

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by maverick, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ
    Thats not what my 73 belts look like. Mine have a seperate belt that stows up in the plastic tray over the side windows. It has a retractor real on the outbard side next to the rocker and the buckle end is near the console. I believe 72 and earlier cars had no retractor so the long side was near the console and stowed in pockets on the sides of the console while the buckle was out by the rocker. I believe Firebirds always had the later style console and used the 73 Camaro seat belts. Also,I think the later 73 cars built after febuary of 73 had a cloth over cardboard headliner with the same type of plastic headliner trim that was used in the 74 and later cars and has a half year only special trim over the side glass that allowed for plastic trim to be used with the seat belt holder upper trays.

But all my experiance is with base model 73 Camaros and Firebird Esprits,maybe the Type LT's are different.

2. david.carlton@s

david.carlton@s Veteran Member

Sep 1, 2009
    CA
    I installed those in my '73 and they don't retract very well. They also keep getting twisted. I have to force feed the drivers side back into the reel. Not happy.

3. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Denville NJ

To each his own I guess. I think first gens are ugly,always have. If I had you collection I would probably sell both the 1st gens and buy one real nice L-78 second gen with the money,or better yet an L-34 car with air and have some money left over. But thats just me.

Or I could really go crazy,jump ship,and sell off all your cars,add another 100K to the pot and buy a really nice low miles 73 Super Duty Trans am. I bet you would leave that one outside. :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. Brendan NASH

Brendan NASH Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Yamba N.S.W Australia
    1970 camaro matching numbers desert sand with black vinyl roof and black stripes with wood grain option and sandlewood interior.The car is stock as with a 2 barrel carb dual 2 and 1/2 inch pypes cross flow system 15 inch rallys with white wall tyres, can't wait to get it back from the panel shop to get some photos on.

5. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Pensacola, Florida
    I'm with you. 1st gens are a dime a dozen. You see them everywhere. :bowtie:

6. Stpman

Stpman Member

Aug 21, 2011
    West Niagara, Ontario
    73 LT/RS/Z28 L82 4speed 3rd owner

7. TDub06

TDub06 New Member

Oct 30, 2011
    North Dallas, TX
    70 Camaro Z28. Stock w/ auto tranny.

8. albertacarnut

albertacarnut New Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 20, 2007
    sherwood park, alberta
    I owned a Orange 73 LT/RS/Z28 L82 4speed in Burlington Ont. From 76-83 0r 84, the same color by chance?

9. TrueNorth

TrueNorth New Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Seattle
    1971 RS. Only had it for a short time but making good progress so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Twilight Cruiser

Twilight Cruiser Veteran Member

Dec 17, 2001
    the Netherlands

RS?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.