1970 1/2 RS in Galveston, TX.

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by silkydraws, Nov 14, 2017.

1. silkydraws

silkydraws Member

May 29, 2004
    Bridge City, TX. USA
    It's been a long time since I've been on here since selling my 2nd gens back when the market was heating up. (should have held out a couple of years but oh well)
    I remember back then a man down the street from my sister in Galveston was doing a nice RS (this is 2005 or so).
    Well, he finished. Now he's sick. Never joined a forum and too sick to do this himself so i thought I'd help out a bit. It's advertised in his driveway but it's a dead end st. so I doubt it's going anywhere. I'm about to go back and see her so I can get some more details and pics IF there is a interest. I've walked up to the car, it's nice. He is asking 22,500 so I guess he knows the market decent enough. No idea yet what panels have been done or even if it's an original engine/numbers car. 12 yrs. ago I thought it was a Z28 but now after getting closer it's a RS badge. Red/blk. Maybe someone even knows the guy. Charlie, worked at Union Carbide in TX City til retiring. I'll check back and talk to him more in case there's an interest here or if anyone wants directions to go see for themselves. I don't think he has a computer.

2. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    Wasn't Galveston Flooded badly?

3. silkydraws

silkydraws Member

May 29, 2004
    Bridge City, TX. USA
    no, Houston was. Galveston had some localized flooding downtown but this car was right off the seawall. Most cars just had water to the tires as did I. If you check the path it bounced right off galveston, went back out and hit us further north.

I had 3 cars in the 00's and sold them all after a close call. Good thing as we flooded bad the next year. (10 feet) Saw many Camaros,Chevelles being hosed out in driveways afterwards, I'm sure they're hurting now. It was all salt water in that flood. How do you clean salt water out from roofs and doors? Ugh, nightmare.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017