1967 Cowl Tag Missing

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by 1967 Mystery, Jul 10, 2017.

1. 1967 Mystery

1967 Mystery New Member

Jul 10, 2017
    I have recently purchased a 1967 Camaro that has no cowl tag. The vin is unmolested and matches the body, but I would like to know what the car is. Does anyone know of a database, or some way of getting the build specs from the factory through the vin number? I tried GM, but they just direct me to other companies that have no clue. I know it's a factory V8 car, and it has a DD stamped after Chevrolet on the vin tag. If anyone knows what the DD is any information on that would be helpful as well.

Thanks

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
  3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Or www.camaros.org

But w/o the original one you probably out of luck. Build to your taste, its more fun anyway.

4. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Finleyville, PA
    I'm in the same boat with my 73 second gen. Did you have any luck?

5. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    The tag for a 67 in on the frame of the door, open the door and look where the light switch is on the car body side not door side

6. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    Trim tag on a 67 is under the hood next to the wiper motor. The VIN tag on a 67 is the one in the door.

7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    Right, thanks I knew they were in funny , different spots

8. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Lynd the vin on your 73 will tell you some about your car unlike the 67s, looks like you're right down the road from me. I'm also doing a 73 right now

9. Lynd McCormick

Lynd McCormick Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Finleyville, PA
    You absolutely are just down the road. Do you ever go to the Mineral Beach cruise? I haven't been there with a vehicle for a while, but until June I had a '53 Ford F-100 with a hydraulic tilt front end that I used to take there.

My '73 is mostly done, I'm just tweaking a few things to make it my own. I just got it 5-6 weeks ago.

10. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    I go to Mineral beach a lot, pretty sure I've seen your truck there before, I usually go to Peters Creek a lot more though. I should have my 73 Z out for summer