100-500 dual plate kit on the way

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by Mwilson, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

My pump puts out 18 psi so Im considering tee-ing off the main line before my regulator to go to the fuel solenoid. Kit goes to 500 but thats just crazy! lol I plan to spray 100-150. Should I tie in before or after the regulator? I have it set on 7.5

2. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Does not matter what goes into the regulator just that it's regulated coming out. With a kit that big a dedicated pump and line should be used. You do not want a lean out or engine damage may result. The best regulators I have used are the Arowmotive, they have no pressure creep, I don't usually go above 6.5 psi on fuel and have set mine down as low as 5 psi but you must learn to read the spark plugs for lean out and too much heat. I use an NOS cheater on my street car and a Bog Shot on the race car at times. With nitrous being so expensive now I hardly use it anymore as it's $10 a lbs. here to fill the bottles now, cheaper just to build a better engine t begin with. Have fun with it.

3. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

I do not plan to go over 100 on the kit that just happened to be the capability of the kit. I'll tee in after the regulator then, back out some timing and make a pass ( when I get a decent weekend & time )

4. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I always use a separate regulator for carb/carbs & each N2O stage.
    It is much easier to tune with pressure than change jets.
    I still use the original old Holley regulator for each stage.
    Never an issue once I learned how to build a return system.

5. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

do you think I should have a return system?

6. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

A return will allow better pressure reading and less pressure spikes

As for the nitrous why not go with a fogger set up tapped directly into ea intake runner ??

7. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

I got a deal on the NX dual plate setup brand new in the box 1/2 price! lol and a buddy hooked me up with the bottle & gauge for $75, I'll look into a return line my tank is set up for it. If I do return line I just need a regulator after the carbs or before?

muscl car likes this.
  8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Regulator installed going to the carb

9. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Frigging Muscl just wants to see the aftermath photo's!!!!!!

You can't just stick a fogger on something without it being built for it.

As I've said many times, I always run a return because of the big 525 pump was too much for the regulator to handle at the hit.
    I still push the small return set up, but a small pump is a lot more forgiving then the big monster pumps.
    1000's of cars run a basic N2O system with no return and they run just fine.
    I just don't like trying to tune the N2O with the floats opening on the carb, the noids opening on the N2O.
    I've had much better luck running a separate regulator.

muscl car likes this.
  10. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

ive run up to a 175 before with a holley blue and a holley regulator. The pump I have new a carter Black pushes twice the pressure of the blue pump I think I'll be ok on fuel supply. I'm literally gonna put it on 100 jetting and leave it alone. I'f I run an 11.08 on motor I'd be so frustrated!! lol I want to make sure I go 10's. I'll probably only hit it after I shift into 2nd. I like an activation switch, WOT switch and a hand held button. Ok I will run the line before the carb regulator with a N20 regulator.