10 bolt to 12 bolt direct bolt in?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by xten, Jan 22, 2018.

1. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Well, there's noise in the trans too. That wouldn't stop me from driving it, but feeling like shit will. Bodymanbill gave me his cold over the phone. lol.

wiseryder likes this.
  2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    55 That is swimming weather. That is a bummer that something is make noise elsewhere.

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    It's sunny and beautiful here, but I think I'm going home to bed. I thought the trans was making noise, but the rear end was louder, I think. A friend was there that is a pretty good mechanic that said do the diff first. It's definitely making bearing noise. The further I went to the front of the car, I could hear a noise coming from the trans. I have an M21 sitting here that needs a synchronizer. I'll take to the guy that did my 12 bolt. Definitely want a deeper first gear. Got a line on a Richmond today, but couldn't reach the guy.

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Sorry about that, I feel alot better though. Next time I won't cough into the phone.

wiseryder likes this.
  5. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Richmond trans was sold. So I took the M21 and the Saginaw to the guy that did my diff. He said definitely put the Muncie in. It needed a lot more than synchro's, but he called and it's done. I'll pick it up next week and hopefully get it in toward the end of next week. He used the Competition Plus from the old trans, and had shifter rods from an M21 there. Put hardened steel bushings in the rods and said it works great. Not in too much of a hurry, since the weather here is much less than perfect (14° and snowing). Missed the window of opportunity last week when it was in the 40's and sunny. There has been annoying noise since I got the car, so hopefully a while longer won't be too bad. Meantime I'm cleaning up front suspension and touching up wheel wells and greasing everything. Might even change oil! Putting zinc in as usual (flat tappet), but debating weather to use synthetic or conventional. Thoughts?