10 bolt to 12 bolt direct bolt in?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by xten, Jan 22, 2018.

1. big gear head

big gear head Veteran Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Central City, Ky.
    You will be amazed at how much salt will be thrown under the car in just a short time. I won't drive mine after the roads have been salted until after we have had a good rain.

BonzoHansen likes this.
  2. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am dying to drive my stuff. I was hoping after the roads got washed off we would make it to the weekend without salt, for just 1 weekend! I may give in and drive some lol

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I was just out, and it's still flurrying. But on the up side, the roads are dry. If it's 55° tomorrow and I have time, and if it's all done (a lot of "if's") I might just venture out. I really need to see if I have more work to do.

4. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    They put the wrong U joint in the back of the driveshaft I just had made. I even took the old one I took out with me. Told him "This is what I need, only 7/8" longer." When I called and told him the U joint was wrong, he got pissy with me. I said I'd be right up. He said "Well, hurry, I'm leaving @ 2:30. WTF. Talk about customer service! Almost made it sound like my fault! But it's in, it fits, so now just bleed the brakes, see why my speedo cable's leaking, and I should be good. Fuel gauge is working now, too.

5. camarochevy1970

Jan 23, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Lol who made it? Sounds like the guy on 51 down from the cloverleaf

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    WOW! You hit the nail on the head!!! I usually use Driveline Services on Butler St, But this guy's right up the road from me. It-s a 10-15 minute ride for me.

7. camarochevy1970

Jan 23, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah same guy made mine haha. He is a little rough around the edges

8. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Yep, a buddy of mine knows him. He's a flathead kinda guy. He was coming past my place and saw a black 50 Merc that we just finished, and almost caused an accident. He slammed on the brakes and almost got ass-ended. He was crawling all over this car, thought he was gonna get a nut. Rough around the edges, but he did have a sign in his front window I liked. "Due to the increase in cost of ammunition, don't expect a warning shot".

9. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Yep that sounds like Hank for sure. Gotta take it for a blast up the blvd at least once tomorrow

10. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    If I get time to get it done today, I will. Here's the car he almost caused a pile-up over. Correction: it's a 51 Merc, not a 50.

projects 004.jpg

bodymanbill likes this.