1/10 rc model 1971 camaro body

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Dec 8, 2017.

1. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
    rscamaro73 likes this.
  2. sprink

sprink Veteran Member

Apr 27, 2008
    ffx, va
    It's been awhile, but I believe the bodies we got were clear & we painted them from the inside. More durable to hits & looked like a clesar coat.
    Just have to give somme thought to sequence of color, stripes, etc.
    Best to see what's new (paint) at a hobby shop, we used reg. enamel model car paint.
    Cool body. All that effort & messed up the rs front end!

3. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    That's cool. I used a 68 Camaro body on my VTA car. Use lexan paint that goes on from the inside as stated above, for masking I had good luck with liquid mask carefully trimmed with an xacto knife. Don't cut too deep or the body will crack on the score marks when you hit something.

4. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I have.painted a few, you have to paint the graphics first. I did a complicated flame job that I had to think through thoroughly to get it right.
    It looks bad now that it's been sitting on the cabinet in the garage getting over spray all over it, but looked good when the lexan was clear.
    [​IMG]

5. bourbon_scotch

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
    Excellent job there dirtmod08. Thanks for the replys guys. I forgot about painting from the inside. This should be a nice little project over the holidays.

6. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I would like to get the electric one pictured going again. I also have a nitro Savage that I haven't started in several years. I hate to think how much I'd have to spend to go through them.
    Every time I would go into the hobby shop, it was easy to drop a hundred bucks on CV joints, billet stuff, tires, etc.

7. bourbon_scotch

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
    green.JPG So i got my clear body and i'm painting it. This is pretty cool. What do you think?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    rscamaro73 likes this.
  8. bourbon_scotch

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
  9. bourbon_scotch

Jan 10, 2003
    USA
    green6.JPG green7.JPG

Haven't taken the outer protective coating off yet or applied any stickers. :) Too fun. Can't wait to jump this in the snow!

rscamaro73 and 71RSLS like this.
  10. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

May 3, 2004
    Tucker, GA, USA
    I've done a number of them over the years. The bodies are Lexan and I use Pactra R/C paint which is laquer. I mix mine 50/50 with laquer thinner and airbrush them. I'll try to find a pic. The '57 Chevy Turquoise takes FIVE colors to mix (and you can't use the Enamel ratios)! BTW I use a sharpie pen on the outside to define panel lines and door openings. Got a few hours in each body. Now to find the pic. bodies01.jpg

rscamaro73, 71RSLS and bourbon_scotch like this.