‎6 years since he was killed on stage (Dimebag)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Camarocore, Dec 8, 2010.

1. rgearhead

rgearhead Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 14, 2006
    SOUTHWEST CHICAGO, ILL
    U are correct!!!! search is different Union, I cant cross that line ....

2. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah, I work government. I hired someone to google it for me.

3. B.M.

B.M. Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Columbus,Ohio
    Some derranged idiot ran up on the stage during a concert and shot him.

4. Camarofanatic73

Camarofanatic73 Veteran Member

May 15, 2005
    Sacto,NorCal
    Hell Yeah! And a shot or 2 of Jack... R.I.P.

It's also Lennon's 30th anniversary of his passing

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. Camarocore

Camarocore Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 18, 2006
    NY
    did more then 2 shots
    hehehehrhrhehhehe :)

6. sooner

sooner Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Perry,Ok
    RIP dimebag

I always get a little sad when I think about pantera..what was, and what could have been. Tragic breaking up one of the best heavy bands of all time and then losing dimebag to some retard.

7. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    They were getting worse as they progressed IMHO.

The best 2 albums were their first 2, and the 3rd was halfway decent.
    The rest sucked IMO. They were running out of creativity together.

Philip Anselmo has sucked in every project since
    Damageplan was good, and Hell Yeah is doing phenomenal.

They were a legendary Iron Maiden tribute band before someone told them to start writing their own songs.
    I wish I could have seen some of those performances.

8. Displaced Hokie

Displaced Hokie Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Birmingham, AL
    What I want to know is where is all the unreleased material Vinnie promised? He was also supposed to finish up the follow up Damageplan album. I think all it needed were vocals, which he was going to get some guests on. I know he's put out one or two videos, but the music has yet to materialize.

I was disappointed in Damageplan myself. It seemed to suffer from what the later Pantera albums did....trying to be "heavy" for the sake of it. Not that there are not good tunes in there, but much filler.

Still a huge shame, and a great guy. I was just talking to a friend who saw them in the mid 90's and after the show Dime ended up at the same bar they did. He hung with them for most of the night.

9. LeftHandPhil

LeftHandPhil Veteran Member

Sep 26, 2009
    North Pole, Alaska

DUDE!!!
    Album #1 (Cowboys from Hell) was awesome, but they still were shedding there butt rock roots. Had lots of power but too much butt rock, but it came out in 1990 so I can't blame them.
    #2 (Vulgar Display of Power) was awesome, possibly one of the greatest metal albums of all time. Way ahead of the time for 1991.
    #3 (Far beyond Driven) was even better, and awesomer. Heavy, fast, powerful, fully defines the definition of metal up to that point 1994. The whole album is like a heavy metal anthem!
    #4 (The Great Southern Trendkill) was phenomenal, and equally as awesome. Written as a protest to the trends of the music industry. Heavy, thrashy, dark.
    #5 (Reinventing the Steel) was good, heroin, and band drama were taking there toll. Good album but not even close to there best. Came out in 2000 during all of the rap rock bullshit of nu-metal.

Phil Anselmo's other band Down is the shit. Check out "Nola" there first album. Great southern rock album. Pepper Keenan from Corrosion of Conformity and Jimmy Bower from Eyehategod are the guitarist and drummer, respectively.

Damageplan sucked, and Hellyeah is TERRIBLE!!! Some kind of shitty country rock bullshite.

I love Dime, greatest guitarist of all time. The reason I love Heavy metal. RIP.

10. CamaroMan79

CamaroMan79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Selah, WA
    I got to see them play at Ozzfest 2000 at the Gorge. The show frickin rocked!