SUBFORUMS..... (for current stickies)

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by MadMike, Oct 24, 2011.

1. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    It's about time I turn the 4 stickies at the top of this section into distinct subforums.

This way it'll make it easier to search/discuss stuff related to say - the 1974Z28 or the 1977Z28.... in its own section.

The current stickies are nice, but they're klunky and unweildy, eventually they'll become problematic. I will move the stickies into the relevent subforum and then most likely close them.

If anyone has any thoughts or concerns about this - voice them now.
    I'll probably do this next week, unless there's a good reason not to.

2. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Guyton, GA
    I know the 74 guys seem to be together like a 1 year car but I dont see any problem putting them together

3. 2ndgenhunter

2ndgenhunter Veteran Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Blairsville,GA
    Mike,

You have done a super job on this site, I think whatever you decide will be a improvement. You and the other mods do a great job, Keep up the great work.

BTW, Can I just drop off my LGM money next time I'm in Dville?

4. olstyle

olstyle Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    So the 74 owners sticky would be closed and we would start a new one in the subforum? Am I understanding this correctly?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  5. MadMike

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    >So the 74 owners sticky would be closed and we would start a new one in the subforum? Am I understanding this correctly?

There would be a "1974 subForum" (under the Camaro forum)
    The 1974 sticky would be in there, and closed. viewable for historical purposes. Any new discussions would be like any other forum. Everything would be discussed individually, with subjects indicating what's being discussed - rather than a 1500 post jumble of everything and anything.

Jamie, next time you're in town, swing on by.

6. david.rosol

david.rosol Veteran Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Sounds like an awesome idea... any chance to get a 75-80 Rally Sport stickie or Sub-forum so all topics on these particular models can be shared? I know questions on these pop up pretty frequently.

7. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Southern Maryland
    Oh yes! Finally I can intentionally exclude the funny looking early year cars in my reading!!

8. MadMike

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    This is done. I'm thinking I'm going to lock the stickies. Hopefully most of the information in the stickies will become individual threads in the related subforum. The stickies will remain for general reference.

I don't think we need to be overly zelous about making people post 1974 questions in the 1974 subforum. If you post a 1974 question in the general camaro questions spot - that's cool. Just the folks who favor and are highly familiar with the 1974 specifically would have a better chance of seeing what's going on if it's posted in the specific spot.

I think this will work better than jamming everything into 1 unmanageable unreadable single sticky thread.

9. olstyle

olstyle Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Crestwood IL.
    Looks good Mike, I think this is gonna work out great :bowtie:

10. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Guyton, GA
    Why no section for the 75 and 76 guys