Seat cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by ManwithNoName, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Andrew Atkins

Andrew Atkins New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Florida
    Wash with D&L hand cleaner using a soft brush. After washing use vinyl protective finish.

2. 80ZED28 EH

80ZED28 EH Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Simple Green to get the grime off, follow with a vinyl conditioner.

3. realtimer

realtimer New Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Tampa, Florida,USA
    I usually use Megs vinyl cleaner or APC and Tornador black series. The tool really help clean not only the vinyl, but also leather and plastic.
    https://youtu.be/eUmuxYGE7zY

4. Matt T

Matt T Veteran Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Pawtucket, RI, USA
    What about cloth?

(For newer cars where they went to these light gray and tan colors that seem to get grimy if you look at them wrong.)

I've used a home carpet cleaner (wet vac with hot water/soap mix), but some of the grime doesn't come out. In fact, when they're dry it seems like some of it was just moved around to make a lighter stain over a larger area.
    One of the replies above mentioned Fantastic/409. Another mentioned Shout laundry pre-treat.

Thanks

5. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    Steam cleaning works well too and loosens up just about anything

6. realtimer

realtimer New Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Tampa, Florida,USA
    Not only it cleans, but also disinfect the fabric from dust mites and bacteria. The only down side is the price of the machine and service.

7. Ksspeed

Ksspeed New Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Eudora, Ks.
    I agree, use either of the "M's", Mothers or Meguires are both great with vinyl, and I've had great luck with fabric and carpet using 409. On the fabric though, it will make a difference on the age and dirt as to spot cleaning or actually needing to use a dry cleaner. Just my two cents. Best of luck.

8. realtimer

realtimer New Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Tampa, Florida,USA
    I have tried using Megs Apc and Tornador black series and made my work faster and efficient. The dilution I used was 10:1.