Just opened up my 73 Z's M21 and found this

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by usasquint, Nov 11, 2016.

1. usasquint

usasquint Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Northern VA
    I got this tranny back together and attached to the engine about two weeks ago. Got everything connect and fluids filled etc.. Fired it up and it didn't sound or feel right. Think I have the distributor off by a tooth or something. Had to deploy the next so I'll get back to it late Jan maybe.

Thank you for the Autogear contact.

2. MagicRatt

MagicRatt Veteran Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Southampton, Pa.
    " I took my M21 from my GS to Ed Hartnett up near Philly."

Ed is great guy to deal with. I bought a Supercase from Autogear way back around 2004, when they first popped onto the scene. I had some issues with the box at first so I got Ed involved and he got it figured out and the trans is still working flawlessly today in my 70 SS. I haven't talked to him in quite a few years, hope he is doing well.

Rich

3. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    Ed does excellent work.

4. Patrick73RS

Patrick73RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've used Paul at 5speeds. Top notch guy, very helpful. I eventually bought one of his new M22s with a super case. Excellent unit. Highly recommend him

5. Edem_Alive

Edem_Alive Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Montana
    +1 on Paul. His do it yourself videos are the best instructional and informational videos I've found on Youtube.

6. Patrick73RS

Patrick73RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

^ yeah he is also getting billet mid plates made for the Muncie. I was going to get his highest priced unit and he talked me out of that one and said the cheaper unit would be more than enough to make me happy. Not too many guys talk you into spending less.

I wish he would design a 5 speed that was small like the LGT-700