Floor jack recommendations

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by Johnny Blaze, Nov 27, 2013.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.
    I've got a 2 1/2 ton jack from Harbor Freight about 20 years ago and it still works just fine. It will pick up my 2001 Ram 2500 4X4 with no trouble. The only thing I have changed was roght after I bought it, I put a piece of pipe insulation over the handle to protect car finishes from the handle bumping them.

2. Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze Veteran Member

Jan 24, 2013
    New Washington, IN
    I ended up with 2 low profile harbor freight jacks, 3 years and going strong. Outlasted my craftsmans!

3. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Bremen, Ga
    The new Harbor freight "Daytona" yellow 3 ton jack... I just bought one a couple days ago. Man this think is nice. Lower than any of my others, lifts higher, rolls better in fact it feels like it just glads across the shop and even out in the yard. Grease fittings on lift arm, wheels, release, saddle. Real beefy, good welds.

4. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    HF low pro 3 ton is my go to jack. I've lowered the Camaro to where it's difficult to get my aluminum jack under the front cross member. This jack will also lift the front end of my pickup, where the 2.5 ton aluminum one has a hard time.

5. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Milwaukee Model 40.

6. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I would use one of those "NASCAR" type floor jacks.Because as low a Camaro sits,(mine has about 3" at the cross member) in the Pro-Touring mode .That most of us run.

Attached Files:

7. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Kansas
    My 4 year old Costco jack is doing just fine. Unbeatable return policy as items can be returned years after purchase!