Camaro vs Corvette

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Clasico, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Clasico

Clasico New Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Still looking for a 2 gen Camaro but is getting really difficult finding one over here.
    There are some mustangs and corvette available though, so i'm considering a C3 Corvette something from mid to late 70s.

How do a 2 gen camaro compares to a c3 corvette? Anyone has experienced both?

2. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    My last project car was a 77 corvette. Mine had the L48 engine with the turbo 350 transmission. It was a fun car to restore and drive. Parts are just as easy to find for the C3's. The rubber bumper series 74 on up to the 82 are not as worth as much as the earlier chrome bumper corvettes pretty much the same as the chrome bumper 2nd gen Camaros. My 71 has much more power than my 77 corvette had. You probably will be happy with either car.

3. BigBlock73

BigBlock73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Accord,New York
    Welcome to the site.
    Were is "over here"

4. bigdav160

bigdav160 Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Klein Texas
    I have both but haven't considered them to be comparable. Both are fun to own and drive. The Camaro is a little simpler mechanically.

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

IP adress says Spain!

6. Clasico

Clasico New Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Sorry, yes i am in Spain.
    Engine output does not worry me too much i rather have an straight car for starters and then i could mod the engine if needed.
    On the years i think the C3 Corvette line does not chage as much as the gen2 camaros do after 1973. In any case there were more camars built than corvettes but they didn't arrive to this side of the pond!!!

7. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Jul 20, 2014
    grand prairie tx.
    You probably can't go wrong with either car. In my opinion both are desirable. In the case of my 77 corvette doing research GM seemed to keep better information. I knew how many corvettes were painted a certain color. You are correct about if you want more power the small block is very simple to make lots of power. Welcome to the forum hope you find your dream car no matter which one you choose.

8. phat80

phat80 Veteran Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Victoria BC
    I've had 5 Corvettes and a a Camaro. The mid 70's Vettes..you really, really have to check out the trailing arms and rear suspension. Man you can, very quickly, spend far more than the car is worth rebuilding the rear suspension. And of course then you start on the front.

I really didn't like my early year Corvettes. The 95 was by far my favorite...although I had a really nice 91 rag..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. zekefreak

zekefreak Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 16, 2006
    western PA
    My latest purchase:

[​IMG]

F-Bodypilot likes this.
  10. Clasico

Clasico New Member

Dec 22, 2016
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I'm enclosing some pics of a 76 corvette i'm considering, what you reckon gentlemen??