1970 Fender Emblems

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Me_n_my_z, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Me_n_my_z

Me_n_my_z Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I want to change my emblems on my front fenders... Whats the best way to go about it?
    Do I have to remove fenders????

Thanks

2. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Indialantic, Florida
    Back when the car was young (and so was I) I would unbolt the bottom and top rear fender bolts, pry the fender open and block with a small 2x4. Then I'd stick my skinny arms in and make the swap. :)

3. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Texas
    Not long ago I found some original black "SS" emblems for my 1970 Camaro and wanted to swap them out for the white ones on the car.

I used the method FlaJunkie mentioned above, but ended up having my girlfriend do the brunt of the work as her arms were much smaller than mine. - Even with that, here arms were scarred for days after all the sharp objects up inside. - Although it can be done this way, I might advise you would probably be ahead of the game by removing the fender completely, or at least taking out a few more bolts than just the top and bottom rear, and I think we took out the bolts to the inner fender wheelhouse lip as well.

Good Luck !

--

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    By removing the inner fender you should be able to reach the nuts on the back

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    I did it the same way without unbolting the top.