NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > Body & Chassis Restoration > Interior Restoration
User Name
Password

Old 12-20-2003, 03:25:00 PM   #1
MulletMan80
Veteran Member

what do you guys do for new seat belts?

I tried looking up a search and i guess they dont make em for 74-81...I saw in classic industries they sell some belts for $20 but are those just lap belts? I need shoulder belts even if there non retractable.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:07:00 PM   #2
Z28_NUT
Veteran Member

Quote:
<font face="Arial,Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by MulletMan80:
I tried looking up a search and i guess they dont make em for 74-81...I saw in classic industries they sell some belts for $20 but are those just lap belts? I need shoulder belts even if there non retractable. </font>

I need silver belts, could not find them, finaley had a brain storm one night.
I went to the local salvage yard Went to the newer wrecked cars found two with silver belts. Pulled the straps all the way out and cut them off. Payed $5.00 bucks for all the strap I had. Took it home throwed it all in the old washing machine. Then cut the old strap off my belts and sewed the new ones back on.(My wife sewed for me)lets give credit where credit is due. Anyways it worked great and looks like brand new seat belt straps. OF course I had to dye the plastic to make every thing look new. I will add the two rectrators up top was the hardest to do. It took both of us I had to hold it out while she run it under the machine.
Before someone jumps on my back, I know I know, they MAY not hold up to a 100 mph crash. 0 to 95mph I will be OK !!
no matter, I never wear a seat belt anyways.
Glenn
Watch someone is going to jump me now for not wearing my seat belt. Here is your auto. repy.
My cars, I pay the notes, drivem like I won't, and I'am not indangering anyone but me! So leave me alone.
Glenn

------------------
80/81 Z28 are just like a woman nice curves, exciting to handel, and just can't wait to get into them.
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 12-20-2003, 10:32:00 PM   #3
76'maro
Lifetime Gold Member

Since you're absolutely convinced someone will get on your case about wearing a seat belt, I will ruin their fun...WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT! It's the law...

------------------
1973 Type LT Original Engine, Black Vinyl Top

DigiWeb Creations: My website design company...

American Muscle Cars...from classic to custom muscle.
76'maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 11:58:00 PM   #4
1974Z28
Veteran Member

I've seen several sets on e-bay in the last few months. You might try posting a WTB ad in the swap meet section, lots of people are parting out cars. If you want to have as set redone there are only 2 places I know of - Snakeoyl out of Texas (lotsa $$$) or a guy named Don Crebs in Ohio (resonable $$, but I've heard of customer relation problems). You also might check you local junkyards for any 74-81 Camaro's or Firebirds. I've also heard of guys using ones out of 3rd gens, but I don't know how well they work.
1974Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:31:00 AM   #5
Mz28att
Veteran Member

If you are not concerned about originality, then go get some new camaro belts. They bolt right in. You have to get the whole assembly, but they look good to me, especially with my 1995 seats. Check out my pics.

MaTt
Mz28att is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:01:00 AM   #6
wantcamaro

what years specifically will bolt right up when you say new seat belts, anything up to when they stopped making them? So I could grab some 3 points out of a 95 for ex. and they would work?
wantcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:37:00 AM   #7
Mz28att
Veteran Member

I can only speak for myself, but I got some out of a 95 camaro and the bolts match right up to the ceiling of my 1980. Check the second page of my first album to see some pics of the seatbelts.

MaTT

[This message has been edited by Mz28att (edited December 21, 2003).]
Mz28att is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 08:43:00 AM   #8
POS71RS
L. G. M. / Moderator

I need to upgrade mine too...
What about the earlier years (71) without the upper "hole" and whatnot?
Mike

POS71RS is offline   Reply With Quote