NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General & Off-Topic Topics > The BS Topic
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2010, 08:15:19 PM   #1
badazz70z28
Veteran Member

towing/ impound yard gripe

so my daughter's over intelligent b/f ( really he's an idiot) gets pulled over and has no license. so they arrest him and tow the car sunday night. daughter calls them and they say $120.00 for the tow if picked up by 10.00am monday, after ten is $35.00 a day extra.well they have no $ and my other daughter's vw is crapping out, so we decide to get car out and let her use it.so,120 for tow, 35 monday,35 tuesday + 35 wednesday.=225.00.so the g/f goes to pay and girl say 300 please, umm nooo 225. do the math, oh yeah, ok 260 please.g/f says ok lets do the math again, girl calls owner of tow companie's wife. she says yeah 260.00, once again do the math.well we are charging 35for sunday as well.g/f paid the 260 but not after telling the woman she and their company were nothing but f'ing crooks.
badazz70z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:21:22 PM   #2
Gary S
Administrator

Now, tell the boy that he NEEDS to have a drivers license.
Gary S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:23:41 PM   #3
CMitchell
Veteran Member

Just think about what it would have cost if the guy with no license hit and hurt someone with that car. Your insurance would skyrocket, lawsuits, lots of things. I think you got off easy and cheap for allowing someone with no license to use the car.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:33:13 PM   #4
Knuckle Dragger
SoCal Team Mom for Life / Moderator

Impound is a scam. I sold a car that later got impounded. I filed the release of liability with DMV when I sold it. The impound yard didn't care. They hounded me for six months trying to get me to pay the difference of what they sold it for and the fees. I ended up getting my lawyer involved.

Total scam I tell you. They have you by the sack and they know it. It needs to be better regulated.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:43:38 PM   #5
badazz70z28
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMitchell
Just think about what it would have cost if the guy with no license hit and hurt someone with that car. Your insurance would skyrocket, lawsuits, lots of things. I think you got off easy and cheap for allowing someone with no license to use the car.

was not my car or ins. i paid to get it out and gave it to my other daughter who is lisenced and insured.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:45:29 PM   #6
badazz70z28
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S
Now, tell the boy that he NEEDS to have a drivers license.

that is like trying to tell him to get a clue, he is a totall dip sh@#.maybe one day my daughter will realize he is as smart as a toadstool but i doubt it.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:04:59 AM   #7
akcamaro
Lifetime Gold Member

impound yards, lol... I buy alot of cars from them, I'm the resident Impound yard expert with everyone I know. Whenever anyones car gets thrown in jail, they come running to me to explain the ropes to them.
What I tell them is, first your gonna get screwed, flat out, accept it. The sooner you suck it up and get your car out of jail the better. the impound dispatcher hears that they'r gonna get sued about 20 times a day, these people are hard core, that don't faze em.
smile, play nice, and get your car out. then come back at midnight and poop on thier doorstep.
or buy your car back a month later at auction, for half as much as your fees are.

70 RS/SS 396 L34 (Green Mist)
73 455 4Speed TransAm (Buccaneer Red)
78 W-72/400 4Speed TransAm (Martinique Blue)
akcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:16:10 AM   #8
hhott71
Lifetime Gold Member

$35 x 30 days = $1,050 rent for a 10 x 20 ft spot, 200 sq ft of area.
Almost as bad as a Manhattan Apt, but those at least have walls!

$120 to tow, Just how big is that town?

Its a SCAM and Thievery!

And that BOY needs to Cough up that CASH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowend
For the record I agree with Aces and hhott71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowend
If the rear end grenades it blows your nuts off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange81Z
That's because we have more to give....ask any women who's been with a conservative and a liberal! LOL!
hhott71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:38:31 PM   #9
badazz70z28
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhott71
$35 x 30 days = $1,050 rent for a 10 x 20 ft spot, 200 sq ft of area.
Almost as bad as a Manhattan Apt, but those at least have walls!

$120 to tow, Just how big is that town?

Its a SCAM and Thievery!

And that BOY needs to Cough up that CASH!

i think it got towed about 2 miles.hard to cough up the cash when you don't even qualify for cashier at quickie mart.so the car is in my possesion.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:33:48 PM   #10
LayZ
Veteran Member

LOL not exactly proud of this but... You cheese me off I go after ya. I honestly forgot to renew my registration. Cop pulls me over and tells me this so I knew he was scoping me out and couldn't get me on anything but that. So he tows the car even after I had the old reg, Not like it's stolen or anything I can prove I was the owner and that the car had insurance. Anyway wrecker gets there and I swear they find rubes to do the job. Hooks it up and drives off. Now I have to get to DMV ... hadda hadda hadda. Get to police station to prove I have insurance and registration again before they will give me a letter to go get the car back. Drive down to the yard give him the stuff and they get the car out. They hand me the keys and I leave. A few days later I serve them with a lawsuit stating that the car was damaged during the tow. I had pics of the car being fine and pics of the car after. They couldn't prove that the damage was there and I got me some free body work. This was of course after a few weeks of fighting back and forth. But I hear they no longer tow for the town anymore after our ordeal because other people started chimming in. It's not one A*hole, it's the other A*holes that follow you have to look out for.
Mashing the pedal on a car with a 454 is like hearing trumpets at the gate of heaven calling me home.
LayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:23:41 PM   #11
muscl car
Lifetime Gold Member

a bunch of years ago i worked for a commercial towing company and was running a medium and heavy duty tow truck and did alot of PPI's and police impounds and delt with alot of upset customers !!!! .the company i worked for had set CHP and PD tow rates along with company prices that all were really expensive . we were told to dolly everything on COD calls involving accidents or with CHP and PD accident calls .that . also even though we were a triple A and cross country auto club tow company we were told to ask for COD rates on accidents and denie club cards . a typical CHP or PD tow rate was $90 per hr and after the 1rst hour $2.50 per minute and almost all the time we were required to dolly the cars which added a $45 set and $45 removal of dollies

baldwin motion phase III Z/30 clone

1972 chevy camaro ss

1970 LT1 350sbc / 425hp 11.1:1 comp, GM #140 off-road solid lifter cam ,holley strip dominator
2" open spacer and holley 750dp ...........all old school 70's performance parts

old school pic

my old school camaro idle video
muscl car is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:33:44 PM   #12
1970camaroRS
Veteran Member

Thats nothing. Local yard here in WA charge $100 a day! On top of $260 impound fee.
1970camaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals