NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General Topics > Project Progress
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2011, 06:36:00 PM   #61
MadMike
Dr. Feelgood

I'm going to mask off the bumpers, etch prime, then prime them. I'm painting them too.

I have my NOS valence and headlight buckets primed as well. They look really good. Trunk lid is primed (top & bottom). I'm going to go outside and put it back on.
MadMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:48:10 PM   #62
MadMike
Dr. Feelgood

Still masking off my car - so I can prime both bumpers.
Masking is my favorite thing to do. NOT.
It'll probably take till tonight to finish doing it properly, so I can spray stuff and not paint my nicely detailed undercarridge or core support (new wiring)

The bumpers are on - and they're staying on. Plus I'd break the rear bumper removing it, so it's staying where it is. So I gotta mask the close out gasket, impact strip, etc... PITA.

I also checked the paint I bought for this car. I THOUGHT it was shadow gray - but apparently when I was in the store, I decided on CHARCOAL GRAY metallic. It's coming back to me now. And this is a very dark gray. So I'm screwed and have to get the body very straight. Otherwise this'll look like ass.

In an effort to not waste paint - I'm trying to batch up a bunch of other stuff that needs to be primed - so I don't mix up and shot my bumpers only. It appears my rear spoilers are ready to be primed - so I'll prime them while priming my bumper.

I'm using veri-prime etch primer. I had some of that left over when I painted my suburban a long time ago. Trying to avoid spending $$$$$ in materials and having lots of $$$ left over.

This morning I finished doing my other favorite thing - sanding. Sanding the bumpers, or "scuffing" them I guess you call it. I assume I scuffed them enough. This paint is sticking to everything it gets on. So it better stick to my car.

If this goes according to plan, after I'm done etch & priming the bumpers.... the only things left to prime will be my hood & mirrors.

Then I gotta fix my 1/4 panel and fill in some holes here & there on my car. Some d-bag (not me) drilled a hole in my door for a mirror - in the wrong spot. They drilled a hole in the rocker area... ???? I got a pin hole in a fender.

enough babbling from me. I'm going to go back out in the garage later and keep masking off stuff.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:14:25 PM   #63
K5JMP
Lifetime Gold Member

charcoal grey metallic is gonna look gooood!!!

of meeting and hanging out with.
Marks71BB-There is a lot of support on this board. when yer down, we are here for ya,
and if yer up, we are here for ya, but when ya act like an a$$, we are even MORE here for ya.
K5JMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 07-24-2011, 10:58:56 PM   #64
MadMike
Dr. Feelgood

Yup. charcoal. **boing**
I just finished shooting the bumpers & spoilers. All this bitching and whining, and it's done. (the next bitching will be about the sanding)

Pictures to follow (of course) after I wash all the trash off me.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:03:28 AM   #65
5spd540
Lifetime Gold Member

Cool cant wait to see
5spd540 is online now   Reply With Quote