NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > Body & Chassis Restoration > Electrical Systems
User Name
Password

Old 12-30-2008, 12:03:14 AM   #1
78camaro327
Veteran Member

1980 camaro fuse panel picture

I have a 1980 camaro im restoring, and i need a picture of the fuse panel.

The reason i need it is because all the writing has worn off mine and i dont know what is for what, and because i re-doing the wiring, knowing where stuff goes is a good idea :P hehehh

if someone could post one, or send me one in email, that would be awesome

t_sydorenko@hotmail.com

If you dont have to worry about valve clearance, you dont have a big enough cam or piston dome

Friends dont let friends drive fords,imports, or any other vehicle that is not gm made
78camaro327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:31:19 AM   #2
Twisted_Metal
L. G. M. / Moderator

I took a pic of the fuse block itself AND the corner of the diagram with the fuse block detail from my repair manual.

The pic... (Sorry, it's tough to get a clear pic under the dash. )

The diagram...

The pic has three extra red wires plugged into IGN circuits on the left and one in the BATT circuit on the right.
Hope this helps you out!
Twisted_Metal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:43:02 PM   #3
78camaro327
Veteran Member

right on thanks alot, it does help out alot

its funny how many different styles of fuse panels there are... mine is a bit different than yours

If you dont have to worry about valve clearance, you dont have a big enough cam or piston dome

Friends dont let friends drive fords,imports, or any other vehicle that is not gm made
78camaro327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57:38 PM   #4
77ProZ

I think i have still have a complete harness in the attic Ill take a gander if i do ill give it to ya for the cost of the shipping its from a 79 power option car
77ProZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:18:24 PM   #5
blackZ28
Veteran Member

Hey twisted. What is that out of ? Mine (79Z) has the round fuses and I want to change to that style ..any suggestions
Lack of progress thread http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showth...=1#post1483148
blackZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48:34 PM   #6
Twisted_Metal
L. G. M. / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZ28
Hey twisted. What is that out of ? Mine (79Z) has the round fuses and I want to change to that style ..any suggestions

It's a pic of my '80 fuse block and a diagram from my Haynes manual.

The 80-81 2nd gens used the plastic/blade fuses.
My 78 (and my son's 79) both used the glass/barrel fuses.

I don't know what the aftermarket offers for options..... Mine is still the original harness and fuse block.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:14:31 PM   #7
blackZ28
Veteran Member

Well I'm going to need a roof soon so I'll try to get an 80/81 shell. I just wonder if they will interchange
PS I had an 81 parts car years ago and pulled the cruse parts from it and I thought it had glass fuses
Lack of progress thread http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showth...=1#post1483148
blackZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:34:21 AM   #8
mrvedit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal
I took a pic of the fuse block itself AND the corner of the diagram with the fuse block detail from my repair manual.

What manual did you get that picture from as I am looking for a complete '81 diagram? If not from the dealer, where do you buy the manual?
Thanks.
mrvedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 09-12-2009, 01:09:27 PM   #9
Twisted_Metal
L. G. M. / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvedit
What manual did you get that picture from as I am looking for a complete '81 diagram? If not from the dealer, where do you buy the manual?
Thanks.

It's from a Hayne's Manual. (Pub. 1983)
The newer ones (if you can find one) doesn't have the electrical diagrams.

There is one exactly like mine on eBay right now... http://cgi.ebay.com/Haynes-Chevy-Cam...p32 86.c0.m14

The 1981 electrical diagrams are stuck in the back of the book just before the index.

Good Luck!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:25:55 PM   #10
mrvedit
Veteran Member

Thank you! I have the 1999 edition of the Hayes manual and the electrical diagrams are a joke - just partial sections for different years. Therefore I bid on the manual - double thanks for finding it for me on Ebay.
mrvedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19:30 PM   #11
z28_rocket

Problems with Fuse Panel and Starting System

Hey all I was reading this thread, i am having simular problems with my 1980 camaro, i get no power anywhere and I have just put a new engine in. Now from what i have been reading there needs to be three grounds: Negative battery terminal to engine block (I have it attached going to the alternator bracket now), one pigtail from the firewall to the intake manifold, and another pigtail from the drivers side cylinder head to the firewall. I have power going to the starter from the positve battery terminal and when the ignition is turned to the start position i have power on the "S" terminal. BUT the starter does not make a sound or move. Also Non of the headlights or instrument panels are on. All of the fuses are fine and in the correct locations.

1.Should I place the ground on the alternator on to the engine block? (how can i test to see if i have a good ground here?
2.Do I have enough grounds?
3.could there be something wrong with the fuse panel? I took off the jack on the backside of the connector under the brake booster and i was getting power to that pin. But no lights or radio with the fuses intact????!!!
4. i had the starter tested and it is good, but when i had power going to the positive terminal and took a screwdriver and bridged the gap to the s terminal no sounds? with all the bolts on the starter positive lead on tight and power going to this terminal.

Why is this all happening?
z28_rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:26:39 PM   #12
stroked383
Lifetime Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28_rocket
Hey all I was reading this thread, i am having simular problems with my 1980 camaro, i get no power anywhere and I have just put a new engine in. Now from what i have been reading there needs to be three grounds: Negative battery terminal to engine block (I have it attached going to the alternator bracket now), one pigtail from the firewall to the intake manifold, and another pigtail from the drivers side cylinder head to the firewall. I have power going to the starter from the positve battery terminal and when the ignition is turned to the start position i have power on the "S" terminal. BUT the starter does not make a sound or move. Also Non of the headlights or instrument panels are on. All of the fuses are fine and in the correct locations.

1.Should I place the ground on the alternator on to the engine block? (how can i test to see if i have a good ground here?
2.Do I have enough grounds?
3.could there be something wrong with the fuse panel? I took off the jack on the backside of the connector under the brake booster and i was getting power to that pin. But no lights or radio with the fuses intact????!!!
4. i had the starter tested and it is good, but when i had power going to the positive terminal and took a screwdriver and bridged the gap to the s terminal no sounds? with all the bolts on the starter positive lead on tight and power going to this terminal.

Why is this all happening?
There should be a ground from the battery to passenger fender and the fat ground wire should go directly to a cylinder head or the block itself. Make sure all ground connections are clean of rust, paint and corrosion.
stroked383 is offline   Reply With Quote