so after refusing to spend 500 bucks for dse led tail lights i figured there had to be a better option. so after searching and contemplating for months during random stops at the parts store i saw these.
part number NV-5104R purchased at PEP BOYS for 24 bucks.
1. cover the kitchen table so i am allowed to keep the camaro.
2. pop out the tail light from the bucket.
3. dissassemble the new light. remove retaining ring, unscrew lense......hope you can figure out the rest of that process....
4. slide LED board into the bucket.
5. have a celebration beer.
6. figure out how to mount led board.
so imediate conclusion, for 50 bucks and a little time we can have LED tail lights!
i believe the 2 1/2 " LED "marker lights" that are on the market will work just fine for the reverse lights. so at this point, we just need to find a way to mount the boards into the bucket. probably using the origional screws that hold the lense and some retaining straps should do the job.
i would like to thank pep boys for having a great return policy and allowing this post to take form.