NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General & Off-Topic Topics > The BS Topic
User Name
Password

Old 02-16-2008, 07:49:57 PM   #1
f-body
Veteran Member

SO who else has the "Crud" aka sinus infection, flu like symptoms

So I have been fighting this for three weeks and it just wont go away. I have flu like or cold like syptoms. Stuffy head, sinus drainage and headaches behind my eye and now my teeth hurt. Yeah I know stop whinning.
Been to the doctor. I have some meds now but a virus can not be stopped by antibiotics, antibiotics only work on bacteria. So if anyone has any suggestions. I am tired of taking dayquill and nyquill and Halls. My head is killing. Fluids and rest and vitamins I know.
Help!!!!!
1974 Z28 restoration project
1 1974 Z28 shell (more of a project)
1992 Chevy Silverado (black with red interior V6 5speed) 454SS wannabe.
2011 Z28 Camaro blasphemouse import.
WHITE, CONSERVATIVE, REPUBLICAN, How else can I piss you off today?
Dynacorn The New Japmaro producer
f-body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:02:59 PM   #2
pdq67
BANNED

I live w/ this crap and my last bout was like two weeks ago. I got some 400 mg Avelox tab's and it knocked it right out of me!

Suckers are high-priced, but they do the job for me!!

And drink plenty of WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdq67

PS., I usually start w/ like a 1000 mg of Asprin twice to three time's a day until my stomach back's up on me! And if that doesn't get it, I go for the Avelox.
pdq67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:09:36 PM   #3
noj akrog
Lifetime Gold Member

I had the same dang thing a couple of weeks ago. After suffering for almost three weeks, thinking that a cold should go away after 7-10 days, wifee convinced me to go see a doctor. Yep, sure enough, sinus infection was the diagnosis. Got a script for antibiotics and a decongestant and got to feeling better in a few days. Good luck and hope you get better!

oh yeah, and dring lots of water
Old 02-16-2008, 08:14:52 PM   #4
TheFly

Ya got black mold growing on your brain
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 02-16-2008, 08:22:22 PM   #5
79CamaroMan
Lifetime Gold Member

I just got over a nasty sinus infection this week. Headache, sore throat, nasty yellow/green/brown phlem comin up all day and night, general feeling of crappiness....It lasted about a week, didnt miss any work but I should have. Mucinex helped, so did the Excedrin, and the Nyquil. I can still feel my throat a little bit in the morning, but its almost healed now..

I rarely ever get sick, but at least when I do get sick I get over it in a relatively short time. I'm sure that will change as I age.

Ask me about getting stuff rechromed!
79CamaroMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:45:44 PM   #6
southern-breeze
Lifetime Gold Member

i had it 2 weeks ago also .and i went and got 2 shots and infection pills and bottle of prescription cough syrup and took alot of nyquil and finally the sinus infection went away ,
southern-breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54:10 PM   #7
busterswt
Lifetime Gold Member

I got it two weeks ago. Flu-like symptoms lasting a day, but overall crappy feeling lasting a week or so. Still coughing crap up...
Old 02-16-2008, 09:35:05 PM   #8
noj akrog
Lifetime Gold Member

yeppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroMan

I rarely ever get sick, but at least when I do get sick I get over it in a relatively short time. I'm sure that will change as I age.

^^^^^^^^^^
count on it!!! one of the benefits of seniority
Old 02-16-2008, 09:58:51 PM   #9
Knuckle Dragger
SoCal Team Mom for Life / Moderator

I had it a couple of weeks ago. Kicked my butt. Horrible horrible stuff. Lasted about a week and a half, I wanted to die.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:14:53 PM   #10
Redge
Veteran Member

I had a horrible case of the flu from Monday night to Thursday afternoon. I hit 103.7* I'm still coughing my lungs out though.

I don't know about everywhere else, but this season there are TONS of people getting the flu around here. Half the people I know have come down with it in the last month. No joke.

Worst part for me though is, I was cocky about it since I haven't been sick beyond a few sniffles in the last 3 years.....then I get it.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:32:24 PM   #11
Kozmo

are you guys coughing this stuff out?
Kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:52:01 PM   #12
MidnightBlue72
Gold Member

Location: He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance. For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent: For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
It was quite possibly the longest lasting flu/cold I have ever had in 40 years. It started with body aches, fever and sneezing. A few days later the fever broke but the symptoms were still there, eventually the pain and aches went away.

About a week after the pain subsided, I developed the nasty green tar cough, the one that is nearly black when you wake up. About two weeks later that went away, I kid you not, after over a month I STILL have a cough.

It's almost like asthma, I exhale slowly and I have a light wheeze and that triggers the cough, pain in the a**!
*Disclaimer*I'm calm, I'm not angry nor enraged. If you read my sterile, inflection free post to yourself and felt I AM angry, please seek professional help and or increase the dosage of your meds. Call 1 (800) 950-NAMI
MidnightBlue72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:28:53 PM   #13
71RS-TPI
Lifetime Gold Member

It is global warming, but don't worry Billary will fix it with her health care.
71RS-TPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:47:10 AM   #14
JL8Jeff
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlue72
It was quite possibly the longest lasting flu/cold I have ever had in 40 years. It started with body aches, fever and sneezing. A few days later the fever broke but the symptoms were still there, eventually the pain and aches went away.

About a week after the pain subsided, I developed the nasty green tar cough, the one that is nearly black when you wake up. About two weeks later that went away, I kid you not, after over a month I STILL have a cough.

It's almost like asthma, I exhale slowly and I have a light wheeze and that triggers the cough, pain in the a**!

I had that about 5-6 years ago. Doctor wouldn't give me antibiotics because they weren't needed. It lasted 6 weeks and each week was a different symptom. I couldn't hear for a week(that's not too bad, you can ignore people at work), couldn't smell or taste for a week(that sucked, tasting food is a good thing). I've had thick mucous problems ever since that illness.