NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General & Off-Topic Topics > NastyZ28 Gamers & Computer Gurus
User Name
Password

Old 04-23-2012, 08:29:34 PM   #1
mech393
Veteran Member

memory problem p8z68-vpro

ok guys maybe someone can answer this question, i built a computer using a asus p8z68-vpro, the computer will boot and goes into bios no problem, i bought a 4 stick vengance 16 gb.cml16gx3m4a1600c9 memory in the a2 slot the computer will run through its set up no problem, but if you add memory in any other slots the board will code ,i tried the other memory sticks in the a2 slot and they will work, so im thinking the memory is fine and wondering if its not in the board, i tried the memory adjusting button and nothing there. in bios the computer says the memory is running at 1333, adjusted it to 1600 but still won.t see the memory any other idea's would be helpfull. thanks for any input, at this point i haven't installed my operating systems yet. i thought i would see if i can fix this first.
mech393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:32:13 PM   #2
Javelin3o4
Lifetime Gold Member

I got the same Asus board and Corsair ram. I'm running 16GB on mine aswell.

So you are saying if you fill all 4 slots up with the 4GB ram modules it has issues but you tried different ram in the slots and it works fine? Sounds like a RAM issue if thats the case, I know a few people that bought some of that corsair ram and had bad sticks.

Have you reset the BIOS to defaults? Also I think that board has a Ram OC switch on the board I cannot recall and dont have the book in front I'd double check that set it to default if its not.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41:50 PM   #3
mech393
Veteran Member

iv'e got the book but didn't see a over clocking switch, havent reset default, ill try that . on slot 2a where you put the memory module in all four sticks work but you put two or more and the board codes, but if the memory was bad it wouldn't work in the 2a memory slot.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:16:28 PM   #4
Javelin3o4
Lifetime Gold Member

Is the computer giving you any POST beep codes at all when you turn it on or does it just refuse to POST at all? Its possible its a bad motherboard but I have ran into issues when trying to run multiple ram modules have issues, swapped out for differnet ram and it worked.

I know someone that bought one of the corsair kits and was having issues with them and had to RMA can't remember what the particular issue was though.

Sounds like a board issue though if you've tried different ram and slot configs though.

Last edited by Javelin3o4 : 04-24-2012 at 12:52:34 AM.
Javelin3o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:58:23 AM   #5
mech393
Veteran Member

im not getting a code ,when you boot the computer it goes through a system of checks the first is the memory , if it passes the red led light goes out and the system check moves on, when it fails the memory led lights the system check goes no further until the problem is solved. thats when i started swapping memory,also was wondering did you have your 16 gig memory installed before you put your operating system in.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:59:59 AM   #6
Tall

I have close to the same setup... I chose the sabertooth board tho... They are the same family, i also used the same ram! I did install with full 16gigs, Just make sure you put the performance mode to balanced. Also I had to manually adjust the memory timming.

Not to insult you, but I have to ask... Make sure the ram is fully inserted into the slots... Takes a bit of force.

Now you can only get the system to post with the ram in the one slot? Have you tried all your sticks of ram in the one slot? The goal here is to make sure it's not one module hanging you up.
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34:58 AM   #7
mech393
Veteran Member

yes i tried all the sticks in the same slot and i pushed the memory down after it clips in. as far as tuning it theres a button to auto tune the memory when the board codes but that doesn't help. i can adjust the one memory stick in bios and i did try the other sticks in the memory slots but still nothing. im thinking its a problem in the board.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:43:06 PM   #8
Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech393
yes i tried all the sticks in the same slot and i pushed the memory down after it clips in. as far as tuning it theres a button to auto tune the memory when the board codes but that doesn't help. i can adjust the one memory stick in bios and i did try the other sticks in the memory slots but still nothing. im thinking its a problem in the board.

Yeah, mine posted on the first shot with all four sticks.

Im thinking the board as well. Hopefully you can return it, if not Asus will do an rma for yah... Just sucks waiting.
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals