NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General & Off-Topic Topics > Bon Appetite - NastyZ Style
User Name
Password

Old 01-05-2012, 08:29:12 PM   #1
FreedomPenguin
LordPenguin

Chat- I want to make meatloaf tonight. if anyone in the next 20minutes cant post..

A fairly good recipe. Im going to buying 93% ground beef, thats all i know.

what should i buy for this?. bread crumbs, etc..
FreedomPenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46:05 PM   #2
CamaroMan79
Lifetime Gold Member

Coca-Cola meatloaf

1 3/4 c bread crumbs,
fresh 1 lg egg (well beaten)
1/2 c coca-cola
3 Tbsp catsup
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp ground red pepper 1 tsp dry basil leaves (crushed)
1/3 c fresh parsley (minced fine)
1 md onion (minced)
2 lb ground beef

If you want it glazed, mix coca-cola and brown sugar together and cook it to reduce it down. Add onto the meatloaf the last 20 mintues of cooking

Directions

In a large bowl: Put egg, pop, catsup, mustard and bread crumbs and mix together well. Add spices, fresh parsley and onion, mixing well. Add the ground beef and mix together well.
Put into a loaf pan (9x5 inches). Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 75 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest on counter or stove top about 10 minutes before cutting.

1978 Z28: 383 stroker; Scat forged crank and rods, SRP pistons, Comp Cams/Howads valvetrain, AFR 195 heads, AED 750 double pumper RPM Air-Gap intake, Hedman headers, th400 trans

Last edited by CamaroMan79 : 01-05-2012 at 09:51:04 PM.
CamaroMan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44:06 AM   #3
FreedomPenguin
LordPenguin

will make it on sunday- we went ahead and made stuffed peppers tonight time was a big factor and didnt see that in time.

(: cant wait.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:02:11 AM   #4
CamaroMan79
Lifetime Gold Member

I suggest you dont use the 93% lean beef. I would use an 80/20. The real lean stuff will not hold well together. The real lean ground beef tends to crumble, or at least it does when you make burgers with it.

But if you already have the meat then its a moot point. Dont know how well it will turn out though. I want some fat in there to help keep it moist.

Also this recipe is just a general guideline I use. Personally I add a little extra of the spices for a little bit "bolder flavor" Be careful using cumin though as it is very easy to overpower with it.

The thing I find with meatloaf (Which is one of my favorite things to eat) is that it seems like everyone has different tastes for it. I got this recipe from my dad who worked for Coca-Cola. It didn't use the glaze. That is something I added later. I still haven't found that "perfect meatloaf" as I like to call it yet. There is a Grill here in town that has an AWESOME meatloaf, but try as I might I cannot figure out what they put in it.

There is a TV show on where this guy goes to famous restaurants and tries to duplicate one of there famous dishes. He will try any trick necesary to figure out whats in the dish and the proportion of the ingredient. This is what I have been trying to do at this Grill, but I think they are on to me LOL

A lot of people put a blend of beef, sausage and or lamb in with there meatloaf's, but I personally like an all beef one.

1978 Z28: 383 stroker; Scat forged crank and rods, SRP pistons, Comp Cams/Howads valvetrain, AFR 195 heads, AED 750 double pumper RPM Air-Gap intake, Hedman headers, th400 trans

Last edited by CamaroMan79 : 01-06-2012 at 02:12:56 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:04:43 AM   #5
FreedomPenguin
LordPenguin

kk il buy some 80/20 friday at store. i always buy 93/7 for everything since its cheap as heck and less grease to drain out. but for meatloaf i guess it would make it moist- and moist meatloaf is good meatloaf (:

if i do get chance to do it will let you know how it turns out.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:30:06 AM   #6
CamaroMan79
Lifetime Gold Member

Cool.

I had a recipe for a sicilian meatloaf as it is called but I cant seem to find it right now.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:12:18 AM   #7
grzewnicki
Lifetime Gold Member

Cheryl take a few hot Italian sausages and cuts open the casing and mixes in the guts of the sausage with the hamburger meat. Give the meatloaf a nice little zing.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showth...ght=grzewnicki

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today - Homer Simpson

"We started out wanting to change the world and found out all we could really do was help out around the neighborhood." Rick Danko (The Band)
grzewnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54:52 AM   #8
mgoad1971
Lifetime Gold Member

my wifes simple meatball recipe is:

meat
cheese
bisquik

They come out delicious!!

I would try adding just a little bisquik to the meat loaf as it seems to hold better than bread crumbs, and adds some taste!!

A knife doesn't jam, or malfunction, doesn't matter if it's dull or rusty, long or short, and you don't have to be an expert to use it lethally.

Camaro Diagrams
GM Part# Lookup
Misconceptions about Natural Selection and Adaptation
Why swapping MTBE to Ethanol in gas is stupid...
mgoad1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:54:47 AM   #9
Z28PILOT
Lifetime Gold Member

I use half bread crums and half oatmill. SOmetimes I add RitZ crackers crushed. The *oatmill *is the best is really great. I use both 93 and 85 lean beef half and half. I also put in a good strong shot of wouschshire sauce.

My wife digs it anyway.
Z28PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:07:31 AM   #10
Buickfunnycar
Lifetime Gold Member, Mr. RW, ricercarjohn

I make a mean meatloaf except I use ground turkey nowadays...lemme know if that helps ya Fritz.

1967 Buick Skylark GS400 Fuel Funny Car..."INGENUE"..."World's Only Buick-Powered Buick Funny Car"

musclecarjohn@hotmail.com www.buickfunnycar.com Check me out: http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar
Buickfunnycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals