NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General Topics > Project Progress
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2016, 03:54:49 PM   #586
flak monkey
Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks guys

4L80e, 12 bolt, 4.11, Moroso brute strength posi, steel shafts.

Subframe connectors, g-braces, solid body bushes, carbon hood and front bumper, custom door cards, Autometer gauges.
flak monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 05-04-2016, 06:24:35 PM   #587
80sz
Veteran Member

Congrats ! Came out killer and is killer,nice project !
80sz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:04:08 PM   #588
flak monkey
Lifetime Gold Member

Still finishing off a few things here and there... I find these cars are never really finished.

The fuel gauge has never really read right, which is annoying, so I dropped the tank and adjusted the sender today. Pretty sure it's still not right. Shows about 1/4 tank with 30 litres left. I suppose it's better that way than over reading though...

The other area that I never really finished was the trunk. I finally bought a carpet for it and also made a panel to hide the battery away. All much neater now, but I still need to glue the carpet down. I cut some jute to fit under the carpet too, should keep the noise down on a longer journey. Not that road noise is my major issue!

Subframe connectors, g-braces, solid body bushes, carbon hood and front bumper, custom door cards, Autometer gauges.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:18:28 PM   #589
flak monkey
Lifetime Gold Member

While it was correct to have original seats, they are a bit lacking in support, especially now I've got a few more horsepower. I've taken a few people out for a ride and they've spent most of the time looking for something to hold on to to stop them sliding around on the old seats.

I was looking for something retroish looking but more supportive. I spotted a set of leather Mk3 MR2 seats on eBay which were local to me and managed to win them for a sensible price. Bonus was they are from a LHD car so all of the adjustment is on the driver side seat as it should be.

There's a few little scuffs and marks on them, but I will re-dye them at somepoint, probably next winter.

They are incredibly supportive, have proper head restraints and offer more adjustment than the originals. So all round win really.

Took me most of the day to modify the runners and get them trial fitted. Took it for a drive and they are so much better.

Just need to re-paint the runners and they can be finally fitted.

I also blew the fuse for the fuel pump today - the AEM pump I has draws a lot of current and the fuse I had fitted was borderline. So I fitted another relay next to the battery in the trunk. Used the original fuel pump feed to switch it and wired the pump with 10ga cable.

Sounds much happier now too, expect it's actually getting full battery voltage now. Must check my fuel pressure again.

Last edited by flak monkey : 05-21-2016 at 04:27:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:17:13 PM   #590
falloutboy
Veteran Member

damn, these seats look awesome. And I am very astonished the even remotely fit with the sliders and such.

In the mood to share more detail about how u set them up and the measurements (or will be setting them up)

1979 Chevy Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX (sold)
1999 3,4L Oldsmobile Alero (My whole pride)
2002 Nissan Primera CVT
My Fquick Garage || German Picture-Thread
Always remember to lube up your shaft before you put in the rear end
falloutboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:17:19 PM   #591
flak monkey
Lifetime Gold Member

Noticed that I was getting fuel starvation at less than 1/3rd tank fuel - not ideal.... So I decided to modify my spare fuel tank with a larger rear facing sump. Just need to weld in the AN10 fitting and then leak test, paint and fit.

Hopefully another problem solved, now I just need to sort out those 1/4 times...

Old 06-17-2016, 03:41:43 PM   #592
flak monkey
Lifetime Gold Member

I finished off my gas tank install and fitted new 1/2" feed and 3/8" return lines.

My new FTI converter arrived this afternoon so I've started to to get ready to drop the transmission out. 2 more bolts and then hoping it will drop low enough to get the converter off without having to remove one of the headers.

New converter is an FTI SRLT48082, 9.5", 4000rpm hard hit, billet front cover, lock up.

Hopefully that will wake it up a bit!

Old 07-23-2016, 03:01:13 PM   #593
flak monkey
Lifetime Gold Member

Replaced my 2.5" mild steel exhaust today. It always been too low and it was really quiet with the Thrush mufflers.

Fitted a Pypes SGF13R - race pro mufflers and 3" stainless tubes. A but tight around the gas tank and it took me the best part of a day to complete the swap.

Vid of the old exhaust

And heres the new one