Power getting ran to the building. Went with a 100 amp service to the garage and a 100 amp service to the house.
Got it all vapor barriered, and this is me putting an 1" of r-tech foam on the inside. With the r-21 batt and the r-tech I have r-28 walls. I'm going to do blow in cellulose in the ceiling and I'm gonna try for about 15"s of that for r-60.
Oh yeah I hate tremco. That stuff gets EVERYWHERE!!!
So starting tomorrow I am dry walling. I have the garage door dude coming on Monday so I have to at least get the lid and the front wall done and the buck boards up for that. Then I can finally close and lock the garage!!!
It is supposed to be here Thursday night. I plan on putting it on and doing a little cruising this weekend. Weather depending of course.
I was just really tired of messing around with the Speed Demon I have. It never has run "great" and I'm tired of tuning it every single time i drive the car. Hopefully this Quick Fuel will be alot easier and better to live with.
I also ordered some new plugs to start fresh with. Should be a pretty good weekend project, in addition to sheet rocking the garage that is.
I shoveled an entire truckload of D1 in front of the garage so that I could actually drive into it. I used my wifes Subaru to compact it. It was the first car to set wheel in there.
We started sheetrocking. We had to get the lid and the front wall done so that I could get my doors on.
The Camaro is finally home. I finally got to tear down that stupid tarp/tent shanty thing. YAY!!!
The door guys came. They started about 9 and finished by 2. It would have taken me DAYS to do it. So I'm pretty glad I paid for the install.
As you can see I got some custom runners for the doors so that they follow the pitch of the roof. That is so that I have extra clearance for the 4 post lift.
I have about 12' and some change at the peak. I'll have to measure the clearance at the door, but I'm pretty close to being able to have the Camaro parked on the lift all the way up and being able to open the doors. I plan on parking under her in the winter times in my DD.
I got Genie 3/4 horse belt drive openers. They seem nice and are super quite.
Got some lights up too. Had to it was pretty dark in there with the doors on. So far I have 6 48" dual t8 fixtures. After I get those up I will see how the lighting is. I have enough plug ins on the ceiling to run 12 fixtures.
I ran the wiring so that I had 2 lights on one switch and the rest on another. For those times when you just need to use a little light.
I also got my Quick Fuel Slayer on.
I had to buy a new dual feed line as the Demon one had some weird ass threads that I couldn't match with anything in town. I also had to run an ignition 12v wire to the choke as the Demon didn't have a choke.
It seems to run alot better. I just threw it on and adjusted the idle speed and drove it away. I changed the plugs at the same time. The other ones were way fouled. But while I was doing that I found a burnt plug wire on the #5 cylinder. I drove it on a test drive and I could feel it, hear it, see it arching on the header. I have some MSD plug wires I'm going to see if I can steal a boot from. After I change that I think she's gonna run like a raped ape. I already have better throttle response, start up (chokes are nice), idle quality, and less raw fuel smell at idle. After the plug wire is fixed I think she will run really nice. I'll see if she needs any more tuning. I definetly need to adjust the high idle speed and the choke a little. The high idle is way too low.
I got the sheet rock all done, mudded and taped. Painted it "Burn your retinas out!" Semi gloss white.
Pressure washed the floor and used the etch I got in my Armorpoxy kit. I got a kit and a half with the Military topcoat upgrade. The concrete is about 3 months old and hasn't really seen much traffic other than construction duty on it so I didn't have to remove grease or grime.
I went with a custom black color with 3 shades of grey and red chips. Looks pretty good.
This is my heater setup. Kept it warm when it was getting down into the 40's at night.
I pressure washed and etched on Saturday. I had to wait until about 3 for the concrete to dry before I could do the epoxy on Saturday. The base layer and chips took maybe an hour and a half. After that cured about 24 hours we topcoated and that took maybe an hour. The prep was probably 3 hours or so. I think it turned out really well. I'll get some picture tonight of the dry topcoat shine.
I just have it temporarily mounted on my steering column, until I redo my gauges this winter.
That pic was taken at cruise, about 60, around 3000 RPM. She's a little fat all around. Probably gonna go in half turn on the idle screws and go down a size on the primaries.