Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General Topics > Project Progress
User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2012, 09:49:29 PM   #271
Caveman Tiny
Lifetime Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronscam
Ya Tiny I have thought about going that way and I think theres a smaller booster thats kinda tierd and like 2 smalers ones on top of one another. I dont think I'll have and issues with vacuum with the Ls 3. From what I'v read and what I'v heard with the bigger bore wilwood master, It should work fine without any booster. I dont know this firsthand as I havent drove a car with one yet

Yeah, I didn't think about the LS part. I have vacuum issues due to my cam. I wish the motor that came in my car wasn't newer so I could go the LS route too.

My Dad used to say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it, but Son I know you are going to fix it anyway so you might as well do it right the first time."

My project progress
Caveman Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:38:00 PM   #272
ronscam
Veteran Member

Hello Cars, I'm using the Hotchkis TVS susp. It's for the front and rear. The front is 2 ins drop , although not everyone reports getting that. The rear is suspost to be 1.5 inchs. Looking at mine I belive I'm gonna be close to what Hotchkis says. I'v yet to have the car setting on its wheels yet with all the weight on it, but I'll soon be doing that and will post up some pics then.
ronscam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:40:24 PM   #273
ronscam
Veteran Member

Tiny, the Ls swap is some work and alot of mods so I wouldnt pull out a good motor to do it as you have said. But keep going fast and time will take it toll and then maybe ya can..
Old 03-16-2012, 08:57:30 PM   #274
cars4life
Veteran Member

Thanks Ron I will be following up. O and do us all favor SLOW DOWN. Your makeing alot of us look bad. Lol
cars4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48:47 PM   #275
Caveman Tiny
Lifetime Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronscam
Tiny, the Ls swap is some work and alot of mods so I wouldnt pull out a good motor to do it as you have said. But keep going fast and time will take it toll and then maybe ya can..

Yeah, good call. I plan to stay with it for a while. Once I get the buts worked out it will be good to go.

My Dad used to say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it, but Son I know you are going to fix it anyway so you might as well do it right the first time."

My project progress
Caveman Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14:39 AM   #276
ronscam
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4life
Thanks Ron I will be following up. O and do us all favor SLOW DOWN. Your makeing alot of us look bad. Lol

Slow down... Heck I got to get off my butt and get moving! My plan was 6 months after I started putting her back together. I started on this car back in Sept 2011. Me and 2 friends tore it down and had it to media blasting in 2 days. Then I started the work on putting it all back together in mid Nov. Its now past mid March..so lets see thats about 4 months. I'v only got 2 months left and alot of work left to be done. I started on the rest of the front sheet metal and wiring the last 2 days. Soon as I finish the front sheet metal up I want to get the Ls fired up and everything bleed off and working. What makes me thing that I may not reach my 6 month goal is the block sanding and then the wet sending before paint! I hate sanding and will look for any reason to not do it I want to have this bad boy in paint no latter then the middle of next month. Spring will soon be springing and I WANT TO DRIVE
Messages from Our Sponsors !
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 03-18-2012, 02:21:27 AM   #277
bad436z28
Lifetime Gold Member

wow ron u have come a long way,its looking really good,u made a wise choice with the ls3 it looks awesome.

check out my thread

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233849
bad436z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:12:58 PM   #278
ronscam
Veteran Member

Got the front sheet metal hung and all the bolts in..still needs some tweeking
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16:43 PM   #279
ronscam
Veteran Member

needs some work here

and here

Oh man and here on the pass. side

Driver side came in alot better
Old 03-20-2012, 06:21:46 PM   #280
ronscam
Veteran Member

Put the hood hinges and hood on. The gaps between the fender and the hood are way to large so I'm gomma have to come up with a way to close them some. I'm thinking I will just build off the fender with some long pieces of sheet metal to close the gap and then just duraglass the tops
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14:45 PM   #281
ronscam
Veteran Member

This weeks time was spent on the front sheet metal and hood, trying to get everything to line up. Still have a ways to go! The hood is really giving me some troubles the lower val. panel was a fight also but I've got it to where a little body work will get it
Old 03-25-2012, 12:19:11 PM   #282
ronscam
Veteran Member

The lines are slowly getting there. I'm not sure which gave me more trouble the front or the back of this car! All I know is it's been a fight getting everything to line up but I guess thats the way it is.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:34:07 PM   #283
ronscam
Veteran Member

I put it back on its wheels this morning. I wanted to let everything sit for a few days before I tighten everything down and do the last of my tweeking. I'm trying to use as little bondo/filler as I can on this car but I can see it wont be totaly free of it. I guess I knew that all along though. I'm pretty happy with the stance of the car. I belive it will still come down alittle after it sits and when it gets it's first shake in.Plus it doesnt have all the weight in her. Still needs the radaitor, glass, and all of the interior yet.If it comes down another inch I think it will be right where I want it. If not then the next set of tires I may need to go to a larger profile. What do you guys think?
Old 03-25-2012, 01:39:00 PM   #284
Philly
Veteran Member

Looking great Ron.
781 heads, Eaton posi 3:73's and lots of elbow grease!

My thread

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showth...67#post1649667
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:43:35 PM   #285
Harold Simmons

Nice work
Harold Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote