NastyZ28 Forum

Go Back   NastyZ28.com > General Topics > Camaro Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 05-07-2009, 12:08:59 AM   #1
TheFastForester
Lifetime Gold Member

Anybody See Papa John's Camaro Commercial?!

I saw the Papa John pizza guy on a commercial tonight, delivering pizza in a 2nd gen Camaro! So I got on line and did a little digging. Check this out, think I'll go buy a Papa John pizza....

PRESS RELEASE: LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Twenty-five years ago, "Papa" John Schnatter sold his beloved '72 Z28 Camaro to fund his other passion: delivering a superior-quality pizza to residents in his hometown of Jeffersonville, IN (near Louisville, KY).

Now, as Papa John's celebrates its 25th Anniversary in 2009, Schnatter's two loves - his Camaro and delivering Better Ingredients, Better Pizza - have been reunited. But this time around, with more than 3,400 Papa John's restaurants worldwide, Papa is no longer limited to the Louisville area...he's coming to YOUR neighborhood. That's right - Papa's In the House!

Beginning today, Papa John's will launch a new ad campaign letting everyone know that the next time they order a Papa John's pizza for delivery, they should pay special attention to the person at the door. It might very well be Papa John himself, driving a replica of the '72 Z28 Camaro that he sold to purchase the equipment for his first restaurant, located in a broom closet of his father's tavern.

The ads, shot over a two-day period throughout Louisville by Papa John' advertising agency, Z Group, feature Schnatter personally delivering pizzas and being welcomed into real customers' homes. No paid actors were used in any of the footage.

"We've been making our pizza with Better Ingredients for 25 years," said Schnatter, "and we're still making them the very same way; we're just making more of them. This campaign excites me because it provides me the opportunity to get out there and be with our customers."

In addition to the TV spots, the "Papa's In the House" campaign will include a new website, banner ads featuring the Camaro, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube integration, boxtoppers, and a special offer for the "Founder's Favorite" - John's favorite pizza topped with sausage, pepperoni, and a six-cheese blend.

But the ad campaign is just the beginning of Schnatter's personal home pizza deliveries. Later this month, the Papa John's founder will embark on a nationwide road trip - behind the wheel of a '72 Z28 Camaro - to meet personally with his legion of team members and loyal customers, all the while telling the story of how he's living and breathing the American Dream. Fans of Papa John may log on to www.papajohnsinthehouse.com to see photos and videos of his adventures and see which cities he'll be visiting.

Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Papa John's International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) is the world's third largest pizza company. For nine years running, consumers have rated Papa John's No. 1 in customer satisfaction among all national pizza chains in the highly regarded American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). Papa John's also ranks first among pizza companies in the 2008 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index, was honored by Restaurants & Institutions Magazine (R&I) with the 2008 Silver Award for Consumers' Choice in Chains in the pizza segment, and was named 2007 Pizza Today Chain of the Year. For more information about the company or to order pizza online, visit Papa John's at www.papajohns.com.
1978 Z28
TheFastForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:07:50 AM   #2
Eaglefixer
Lifetime Gold Member

I noticed the the Pizza boxes have a 70-73 Camaro on them

1970 Z28 350 LT1 342 with M-20
"Cranberry" Red with Black Stripes
Eaglefixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:10:22 AM   #3
jdove
Lifetime Gold Member

Yep http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showth...2493:rolleyes:

Whatever you do, do it with intelligence, and keep the end in view."

-- Thomas Kempis,
Dutch religious scholar
jdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27:25 AM   #4
Blu-By-U 79Z
Lifetime Gold Member

thats awesome!

I'm Matt and this... is my new addiction...
1979 Camaro Z28, Code 24 Bright Blue With Blue Decals and Black Interior.

ZZZZ__22__8888
__Z__2__2_8___8
_Z_____2__88888
Z_____2___8___8
ZZZZ_2222_8888
Blu-By-U 79Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:57:15 PM   #5
dcozzi
Veteran Member

Cool, he should make appearances at the local drags and run it.

I saw the commercials but did not post about it, fearing repercussion from the dreaded "repost police".

1970RS Camaro.
Tons of "go fast goodies" but, still does not move.
dcozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:55:15 PM   #6
Venom73
Lifetime Gold Member

There is a guy I work with that went to High School with him and worked with him for a short time in the Pizza business. He said that story is bogus. The real reason he sold the 72 Camaro was to buy a truck, not to fund the company. That's just what I heard. Maybe he used the truck for his company, IDK.
Venom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:13:28 AM   #7
TheFastForester
Lifetime Gold Member

Didn't mean to "repost" this, thanks for the link to the other thread in BS. Seems like the BS section gets a lot of new threads each day and my search doesn't always work that well.
1978 Z28
TheFastForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:07:25 PM   #8
william
Veteran Member

why did he wait 25 years to buy another camaro? i'm sure hes been swimming in money way before this.
Cool story tho.
Awesome NastyZ28.com Merchandise !!

T-shirts, wearing apparel

Drinkware, Mouse Pads, Decals

Old 05-10-2009, 04:58:01 PM   #9
79supergasdriver
Veteran Member

Sounds like a big propaganda machine to me.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:11:16 PM   #10
Buickfunnycar
Lifetime Gold Member, Mr. RW, ricercarjohn

Thumbs up

love that it's a Rally Sport...

1967 Buick Skylark GS400 Fuel Funny Car..."INGENUE"..."World's Only Buick-Powered Buick Funny Car"

musclecarjohn@hotmail.com www.buickfunnycar.com Check me out: http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar
Buickfunnycar is offline   Reply With Quote