View Full Version : 1970 RS nose bumper

buzzzzz
08-28-2007, 01:57:25 PM
I'm sure some of you with rallysports have had problems with aftermarket urethane nose pieces. The project car I just purchased has one on it and there is no way this thing is going to fit my RS. I've read that they all fit different. Anyone have any fixes for these or suggestions.:(

ParkerRS
08-28-2007, 02:42:51 PM
Over the years rust creeps between the actual steel part of the grill surround and the urethane, then the urethane disbonds since the surface oxidizes and goes away, this in turn lets the edges curl or roll-up and it no longer fits as well as looking like crap. The only solution is replacement, the re-pops are pretty good but expensive, a good used one is a joke to find, and NOS are astronomical in price if you can find one. Mine is a re-pop, OER is the only manufacturer I know of at this time.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z294/parkerrs/firstpicsonNikkon129.jpg

Tommy

buzzzzz
08-28-2007, 04:42:21 PM
Sorry, I meant the one I have now is an after market, it came with the car maybe it had been on the car without being finished long enough to warp I dunno. I know it had set under a portable canopy or soemthing long enough to rot 4 brand new tires but everything else is good.