View Full Version : New Carburetor Problems

jbarley78LT
07-15-2005, 11:26:00 AM
I just put a new edelbrock 600 cfm and performer intake manifold on my 78 Camaro LT. I was very excited to upgrade from the 2 bbl to a 4bbl, however i have had a lot of problems since the install. the car ran great for about a week, even made three trips back to michigan (i am currently living in indianapolis). recently, however the car has been taking a lot longer to turn over, idles high, and when in drive, idles at like 400-500 rpms and runs very rough. however, when the engine finally warms up, it runs fine. i have changed the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor before the carburetor. i have checked the fuel pump to make sure that it is working properly and it is.
Any advice on what my problem could be?

Thanks everyone

[This message has been edited by jbarley78LT (edited July 15, 2005).]

Damon
07-15-2005, 11:44:00 AM
Electric choke? Sounds like a choke adjustement-related problem if it's always happening on a cold engine.

jbarley78LT
07-15-2005, 11:55:00 AM
I actually do not have the electric choke hooked up right now, it is set to be open at all times. I should have mentioned that before

1978LT
07-15-2005, 12:42:00 PM
A lot of times when I get those symptoms I remove the idle mixture screws in the front, spray carb cleaner in them, and blow the holes out with the air compressor. It could also be the carb to manifold gasket settling. Also retorque your intake manifold. Lastly check all vacuum lines going to the intake or carb.

If it isn't one of those 4 suggestions then it's time to dig deeper http://www.nastyz28.com/ubb/wink.gif Good luck bro!!