View Full Version : Level II DMV Inspections?

Toomanyhobbys
12-17-2006, 07:01:42 PM
Well loaded up Elvira on a trailer this weekend and hauled the bitch to Yuma to get title and plates. Opened up the door and no Federal Sticker.... sorry you poor bastard but Level II's are only conducted on Monday and Tuesdays, first come first serve ARRRGGGG. So now I need to find a DMV here in the Phx metro area to get the Level II done. Anybody know what this entails and where I need to go?

Marv thanks for the offer, I need to work some of the obvious crap first like poorly bent fuel lines... Kinked, etc I advanced the timing upfrom 5.5 to 12 and that took most of the high speed stumble out of it. I can't get total timing on it yet until I get a tach on the POS

Jim Mac
12-18-2006, 12:42:23 AM
why do you need a level two inspection? I know in tucson the main DMV does them, just call your local DMV office and ask where and when. Jim

Toomanyhobbys
12-18-2006, 10:42:34 AM
Jim you have to stop brathing in so much carb cleaner.... NO FEDERAL STICKER ON THE DOOR

gila
12-18-2006, 12:19:15 PM
Nice avatar TMH , You owe me one !

Toomanyhobbys
12-18-2006, 02:43:04 PM
Yes I thought so

Well went in for Level II and did not even get to the inspection. The informed I need to pull the heater box off the firewall. ARRRRGGGGHHHH how much more do I need to do??

Devryn
12-18-2006, 02:47:00 PM
Yes I thought so

Well went in for Level II and did not even get to the inspection. The informed I need to pull the heater box off the firewall. ARRRRGGGGHHHH how much more do I need to do??
What's the reasoning behind that one?

Toomanyhobbys
12-18-2006, 03:23:06 PM
Without the decal on the door, they have to do a secondary VIN check. The other VIN is located on the firewall behind the heater box. The reason is that the dash VIN plate can be replaced very easily. Guy was telling me that they had a 68 Camaro, matching numbers come in/ No Fed Decal. After he yanked the heater box they discovered the car was not matching numbers but constructed from salvage. Guy was super pissed.

gila
12-18-2006, 05:16:54 PM
Jerry,
I just got plates for my Trans-am and they never looked at the car. I guess they only do that if it's from out of state. It has no Federal Sticker on the door either; I had to look in the glove box to see if it came with remote door locks.

Toomanyhobbys
12-18-2006, 05:38:03 PM
Yup outta state, I talked to a Chevy Dealer and he said it's BS, the guys at DMV don't know what they are talking about. I can't get a replacement sticker. The rivets are especially made and are not sold. If the Inspector at DMV knew what he was doing I wouldn't have to go thru this crap.

gila
12-18-2006, 11:49:54 PM
Why don't you start hitting up different DMV's till you find one that will do it for you.

Jim Mac
12-19-2006, 12:31:44 AM
Okay I guess im a total idiot. what is a federal sticker? I don't have any stickers on my doors on my 71, My 70 chevelle I liked the way the windows worked off of my 72 so I just swapped them. No stickers there either. if your talking VIN tag I understand you can buy the rosette rivets I think they were on ebay or someplace, try tag team or team chevelle tag team do a search and I think theres a link where to buy them. Good luck with your title. Jim

Toomanyhobbys
12-19-2006, 02:15:25 PM
It is a GM sticker on the drivers side door. Has VIN data on it. Mine is missing from when they painted the car. The VIN on the dash is intact, orginal and matches the Ohio title. DMV inspector said it looked like the VIN tag on the dash was replaced because it is riveted in. All Camaros I have seen have the VIN Rivieted. I tried to explain this to him and he basically said "It' my call, I think it's been tampered with" So after the holidays I will spend 2days getting at the hidden VIN. ARRRGGGHHHH.

I also called Norma's title and get no answer?? anybody got another title agency?

K5JMP
12-19-2006, 02:22:21 PM
Yup, try Joe Holmes at International Title..
http://www.its-titles.com/
Joe is a good guy to deal with, and fast.... IIRC, about 120 bucks to fix your mess...
Prolly still gonna have to do the Lev-II inspection though... as a requirement for "out-of-state" so Joe's services prolly won't do much for you. But you never know... i would call and ask him about taking the "with tags" option, although it is more expensive...

gila
12-19-2006, 05:44:27 PM
Ok! Here is my suggestion, bring your dame thing up here to Globe or over to AJ’s DMV and see if you get a nicer or dumber inspector.

K5JMP
12-19-2006, 05:57:41 PM
Ok! Here is my suggestion, bring your dame thing up here to Globe or over to AJís DMV and see if you get a nicer or dumber inspector.
Sounds like a good idea to me! After the DMV you could celebrate by burning a piece of meat on the grill and a few cold ones. If it doesn't work, was still a good excuse for a cookout:)

Toomanyhobbys
12-19-2006, 06:24:53 PM
Hmmm might try that, as long as Gila buys the beer :o

gila
12-19-2006, 09:27:06 PM
Sure just got another fridge on the back patio let me know. Going shopping for beer and meat tomorrow.

Toomanyhobbys
12-19-2006, 10:59:43 PM
As long as the meat does not include the roadkill from Globe .... LMAO :eek:

gila
12-20-2006, 01:36:42 AM
Thats an easy fix.
BYOM
I think you can figure that one out jerry, LOL.

Toomanyhobbys
12-20-2006, 12:17:12 PM
Depends on how dirty my mind is :confused: :confused:

Marv D
12-20-2006, 09:07:50 PM
Ok! Here is my suggestion, bring your dame thing up here to Globe or over to AJís DMV and see if you get a nicer or dumber inspector.

Your not going to find a more backwards, head up the arse DMV than Globe. My wife got her drivers license there in Claypool/Miami. They did the safety of the American highways NO favors in that moment of poor judgment!!!!!!!

Toomanyhobbys
12-20-2006, 09:28:55 PM
Well Marv after the holidays I may have to pay Gila a visit, I will give it 1 more try, plus Gila still owes me a sh*tload of beer, and Barb has never been to the premiere vacation spot of Arizona. Gila I hope there is a couple of bars up there we can tear up, and some fleabag hotel.

gila
12-21-2006, 01:13:36 PM
No problem finding bars in this small town or fleabag hotels. If you do come up let me know I can suggest two hotels that aren’t that bad. And as far as bars go well, we'll just have to start at one end of town and work our way to the other end.

Toomanyhobbys
12-21-2006, 05:06:27 PM
I smell a "Once upon a time in Globe" coming to theatres near you.
It's okay Gila I have Marv D's phone number, and I know he will bail us out.

LMAO

Marv D
12-23-2006, 10:46:29 AM
Well all the 'good' bars in Globe are gone. I spent many a night (and many a MANY a thousands of $'s I'm sure) at the old Sunset. The DriftInn and the Broad Street Social Club downtown, been everything from disco's in the late 70's,, to biker bars. The old Red Roan under the bypass,,, Bronco's, sheeeeeze, I quit drinking and the bars in Globe went broke and shut down. I'm sorry Gila, I ruined the nightlife for all you youngins up there. (LOL)