View Full Version : I have a bunch on updating to do....

1970camaroRS
11-30-2005, 03:40:44 PM
Been a while since i've posted, I've been busy beyond belief. Only about 4 weeks until graduation here at WyoTech, coming away with a degree in Applied Service Management and automotive technology. Learned a few things, kind of a little let down, but I gained a ton of confidence in my abilities, so it was worth it. And, if you know of any jobs in the northwest that are available, let me know.

As far as the Camaro goes, I got it to run a 12.7 @ 108! Then I added fiberglass fenders and a fiberglass 2" pin-on cowl hood. Grabbed a set of power window power door lock doors from a 1978 car, seats from a 3rd gen firebird, and then I went off the deep end! A p-600b procharger blowing 8psi through a 750dp carb. Who ever said blow throughs don't work? I think poneyeater mentioned something like that to me a few years ago. Friggin rocket ship. Endless powerband. Super smooth power delivery. Able to blow a questionable head gasket in a single bound! Sad thing is that I popped the gasket two days ago and today is the last track day down here. I was going to get some times, guess there's always next season. Have the head off and everything is looking good, going to throw on some MLS gaskets and ARP head studs. How long until I puke out my bottom end do you think?

Feeling cozy in Sacramento,
Nate

MulletMan1980
11-30-2005, 09:45:05 PM
We had a body tech position available but being straight out of school it would be unlikely to start in a busy shop as a body tech. Did you learn auto body or just the auto mechanic program? We have a auto mechanic shop to that highers guys out of school as techs sometimes. Gotta bea fast worker though.

70 SS/RS Guy
12-01-2005, 12:59:35 PM
Try Roy Robinson Chevrolet and Body Shop in Marysville Washington. They are a pretty big outfit. They just had an article in the paper on how they strive to hire those fresh out of school and how many openings they have.

PONYEATER
12-06-2005, 12:24:47 PM
LOL, Nate I never said they don't work. Just injection is a better way to go under boost! Let me know when you get back north. We are looking for a couple positions here at randyland.com

1970camaroRS
12-06-2005, 03:24:29 PM
Yeah, injection is the way to go...period. You do get the cooling effect from the phase change of gasses in the carb. I'm just wishing that I had used forged pistons five years ago when I origionally built my motor. You can see that in my other post.

Yeah, I should look into that. Right now all I have lined up is an interview with Lithia motors' Brooks Chevy dealership in Bellevue for a tech. I've got serious debt right now, so money talks. I'll be back north from Dec 23 until Jan 3rd. After that it all depends on where the money is. You know how that is.

Nate

PONYEATER
12-09-2005, 09:40:32 AM
Send you resume over and list me as a refrence.
go to Randyland.com and you can do it from there.

1970camaroRS
12-09-2005, 01:05:11 PM
I don't have a digital copy of me resume, so I sent it via mail. I put a refered by note on it.

CamarosRus
12-10-2005, 01:53:11 PM
You take your education degree....whatever and get involved with a mechanical job "on the waterfront' in Seattle, Tacoma or ???. The misc diesel, refer, crane, forklift mechanics that work on the waterfront, on the docks, for the misc stevadoring companies earn MUCH MORE $ than any dealer mech. bodyshop guy would ever dream of......not to mention UNION benefits and retirement pension.