" /> Fixing the surface rust inside 79 rear valance panel [Archive] - NastyZ28.com

View Full Version : Fixing the surface rust inside 79 rear valance panel

10-30-2005, 04:28:26 PM
I am trying to figure out what to do with some mild to medium surface rust inside my rear tailight valance panel above the tailpipes and inside behind the rear bumper. I can't get in there.Anybody know what I am talking about? Don't really want to replace, but that might be the only bullet proof way to repair? Any Ideas. I know if I don't do anything it will cancer through.

75 Camaro
11-02-2005, 04:04:59 PM
You can replace the metal from most well known chevy metal parts suppliers or if its not that deep just sand it down and respray? I think its about 50 dollars for the whole piece.

11-02-2005, 08:32:44 PM
Yo! szalkuskt! NAPA makes a product called Extend that paints on over rust, neutralizes it, and drys to a black primed surface. It's cheap, and it's companion product "Rust Stabilizer" is a spay on. Wire brush or sand loose material away, and spray, or paint, the area. It will need 24 hours before top coating with color. I've used it for about 13 years with great success! Todd.