View Full Version : Help, plex, streaming shows. Ps3 stuttering.

FreedomPenguin
03-28-2013, 02:54:22 AM
Ok. I have this set up

1. Internet to Asus router.
2. Ps3, laptop, tv, etc all on same network. 4mbps currently but soon to be 7mbps.
3. I put plex media on ps3 and laptop 2 nights ago, I have 2 shows, ones 720p and ones 1080p. The 720p works flawlessly, however the 1080p is stuttering buff:play smooth/stop and repeat.

The movies are on my laptop, I loaded them onto plex/server thing on laptop and the ps3 just accesses it. Ok, so is it a Internet bottle neck? How can I make the 1080p work? Will the 7mbps make the ps3 be able to stream the 1080p file from laptop?. Or is there another way because I'm new at this.

I am doing it this way because my smart tv can't play .mkv files so streaming it from laptop, the ps3 can play mkv and it's on tv.

):

Fubar
03-28-2013, 03:16:26 AM
, the ps3 can play mkv and it's on tv.

How did you do that, because my ps3 won';t play mkv files. It won't even recognise them as movie file.

Devryn
03-28-2013, 08:56:59 AM
How did you do that, because my ps3 won';t play mkv files. It won't even recognise them as movie file.
You have to use a DLNA media server that will recognize MKV files. I prefer PS3 Media Server. I tried plex and always had issues. I REALLY liked TVersity, but they started charging for it at every level and I stopped using it.

FreedomPenguin: I have some of the same issues, but I know it's my router. Are you hardwired into your router? That might help.

FreedomPenguin
03-30-2013, 08:17:11 PM
You have to use a DLNA media server that will recognize MKV files. I prefer PS3 Media Server. I tried plex and always had issues. I REALLY liked TVersity, but they started charging for it at every level and I stopped using it.

FreedomPenguin: I have some of the same issues, but I know it's my router. Are you hardwired into your router? That might help.

Works flawless now. Thank you. I was pretty sure its not my pc/router. i7-2630qm 8gb ram and SSD. My asus router works perfect as well. The Ps3 media server works great and is easy to use. I stream everything wireless using DLNA. No wires in this house.