View Full Version : Where to find parts in South Texas?

Teeter79Z
07-20-2005, 01:53:00 AM
Hi to all!
I recently purchased a 1979 Z28 and I am in the market for some interior items.
I live in the San Antonio area.

Where in San Antonio, Houston, Austin, etc. can I get 2nd gen. parts?
I would like to deal with actual places where I can go and see/feel the parts before I buy. Buying over the internet seems a little scary when dealing with an unknown business/person.

I am in the need for several black interior items and some various eletrical pieces.

The car can not be driven on the street until I can get some of the safety items working.

Do you south Texas guys know of any good places to deal with?

Thanks for your advise!

noj akrog
07-20-2005, 12:52:00 PM
post your needs and chances are someone will have them...there's members all the way from the valley, to Corpus, SA, Austin and over to H town and beyond. Also, there's the Rosanky swap meet and show at the car museum coming up weekend after Labor day. I scored some NICE second gen parts there last year.

Strange81Z
07-20-2005, 01:30:00 PM
I would incourage you to buy from the swap meet section here on the board. I have bought tons of stuff off the board. 99% of the people here are honest and you get what you pay for. Just make sure that they have been around for a while. Don't buy from a new member.

Jet
07-20-2005, 08:07:00 PM
The last Sunday of every month, there is a swap meet at the Pig Stand restaurant on Broadway downtown in San Antonio. Obviously, I can't say you'll find what you need there, but perhaps you can get a few leads on local parts.

raddroxx
07-20-2005, 08:11:00 PM
Welcome aboard. I see you're in Schertz. That's where my wife's brother lives. Not too far from Marion, where San Antonio Raceway is. Great track for drag racing.

------------------
GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP AND HOLD ON!!!

Teeter79Z
07-21-2005, 12:26:00 AM
Thanks for your replies.

I was in hopes that someone had dealt with a salvage yard and would say there were loads of camaro there for the picking. http://www.nastyz28.com/ubb/wink.gif

I do appreciate the info.
noj akrog- Where specifically is this swap meet? I have not heard of this meeting. Can you tell me a little more about it.

Thanks to all!!

noj akrog
07-21-2005, 08:35:00 AM
Rosanky Car Museum is off I-10 about 20 miles north on FM 304 (between Luling and Waelder) HUGE museum, lotta nice cars

WGraham
07-21-2005, 08:17:00 PM
Hey There,
You can try Pick -N- Pull and there are some other pull it yourself type yards out Hwy 16 south on the the southside of San Antonio. I don't know what they might have but it is a place to start.

Wade