View Full Version : Help with z bar 1971

aztec
02-14-2012, 11:44:43 PM
hello there need help with z bar assembly for the 4 speed on a 1971 camaro dose anyone have a pic of it on there car would help or a clear diagram .The assembly manual i have is no help i just need to know how it fit with headers on a big block going from auto to manual thanks

artgtr
07-20-2012, 05:52:53 PM
Hi, We just did this conversion, to big block 468 and 4 speed. I just googled it and found a diagrahm here on nasty z/28. Or you can try Ground Up Restoration parts in Conn. I'm having a problem with clutch engagement. Also everything being new and used and having never been together before.? Right now I'm wondering if I have the correct clutch fork. Clutch will not engage. I'm sure we will sort it out. Its definately is cool though.

grzewnicki
07-20-2012, 05:58:10 PM
is this the pic you are using? I'm sorry it doesn't really get much clearer than this:

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd495/67RS406/AIMclutchlinkage.jpg

artgtr
07-23-2012, 01:23:07 AM
Hi, I used the one from Ground Up in Conn. but this one does show a lot. I noticed on the ground up site, that the clutch fork is different for certain year Camaros. My problem ended up being the clutch fork I bought on e-bay, it ended up being he wrong one, thats me trying to save a few bucks and ended up costing me another fork. The z bar for your car actually has a bend in it, as per Ground up z bars for sale. Mine is 73 and it didn't have the bend but does the job fine now. OK Art