View Full Version : best restoration paint/body panel repair

lukenordman
02-09-2012, 01:58:35 AM
My 77 camaro needs a few panels repaired here and there part of a quarter panel on each side a fender and a floor board. is there any one near me that could help? Id rather not go to the resto shop but i might have to also. it was code 51 bright yellow that was water based from Van Nuys Ca. Where could i get the same paint from?

luke

mgoad1971
02-09-2012, 02:03:28 AM
Welcome to the site Luke!!!!

I don't mean to highjack your thread but

Also, along the lines, what are good prices for installing
floor pan (R & L)?
Trunk pan weld?
Quarter Panels?

I just got a price from a guy (Here in Texas) who would charge me $400 to weld in my RH floor pan. Not sure if the price meant cutting the old one out, but is this a good deal?

ChevyReb
02-09-2012, 09:58:05 AM
Welcome to the site Luke!!!!

I don't mean to highjack your thread but

Also, along the lines, what are good prices for installing
floor pan (R & L)?
Trunk pan weld?
Quarter Panels?

I just got a price from a guy (Here in Texas) who would charge me $400 to weld in my RH floor pan. Not sure if the price meant cutting the old one out, but is this a good deal?

It depends on if you're talking about a patch or the whole sides. If the floors are bad often there are other issues under it, especially in the rear seat belt bolt hole area above the torque boxes. If thats a professional shop and you know it puts out quality work it does not sound out of line to me. Its a lot of work and time to do that.

Now if its just like a smaller area patch then thats way too much!