" /> heater bos part question [Archive] - NastyZ28.com

View Full Version : heater bos part question

11-27-2011, 03:27:57 PM
what is the bottom heater core tube rubber boot on the evaporator box called? i am doing the ac delete and the rubber boot for the bottom core tube is shot , id like to get a new one to help keep the water and debris out

11-27-2011, 04:33:27 PM

11-27-2011, 05:18:31 PM
bump for rewording

Rene Melten
11-27-2011, 05:41:06 PM
Assembly manual calls it a grommet.

11-27-2011, 05:45:24 PM
would it be called an evaporator grommet? thanx for the reply ill try finding that

11-27-2011, 06:04:20 PM
Without AC the drain is not needed.

11-27-2011, 06:13:24 PM
what i need it for is the hole on the ac delete box is bigger than the lower heater core tube , i want it to cover the heater core tube and prevent water and debris from going in there and laying against the firewall

11-27-2011, 06:20:49 PM
i found them on yr.1 and npd , they want 25 bucks for that piece of rubber:mad: :screwup: , ill just measure the core tube and the delete box hole and buy a oil dipstick tube grommet

11-27-2011, 06:44:33 PM
I have used that foam insulation for pipe. Slide it on the tubes after cutting it to a length that will hold it tight against the housing.