View Full Version : paint booth supply and exhaust air...

1971SS
11-13-2011, 10:01:11 AM
Trying to understand as much as I can before I start any attempts, which won't be anytime soon...just gathering all I can learn.

It's occured to me that painting with inside booth airflow on behalf of ventilation is something to consider. For example, if your painting in a down draft, you would want to start from the top of the car and work down. If the exhaust ventilation fans are set up to the front you would want to start from the rear where the supply is located...

Is this correct thinking? Or is this something that flash times help reduce rough surfaces from over spray?

Thanks!

sevitz5
11-13-2011, 10:05:24 AM
In a down draft booth I always go from bottom up, that way your overspray that is pulled down "melts" into the wet paint. On a crossflow I start at front and work to the back...same principle. Your choice of reducer...to the weather is very critical.

wookie
11-13-2011, 12:32:40 PM
I work from the farthest point from the fans and work towards them. That way I don't get overspray on my freshly painted surface!

2ndgenhunter
11-13-2011, 01:12:17 PM
I work from the farthest point from the fans and work towards them. That way I don't get overspray on my freshly painted surface!

+1

earlysecond
11-13-2011, 08:43:12 PM
While I have seen diagrams for both down draft and cross flow booths and can likely find them for you. I agree with what has been posted.