View Full Version : Favorite race car tee-shirts or ideas

mrdragster1970
11-14-2010, 07:43:06 AM

So I have a case of shirts I bought a while ago to make team t-shirts.
My wife was supposed to design something, but with her condition, it never got done.
I asked a couple of buddy's and they all have different opinions.
I was thinking of using a burnout but I also kind of like the car with both chutes out??

Please post or link to some designs you guys like.
Thanks guys.

HOLESHOT
11-14-2010, 09:44:05 AM
how about have one on top doing a burn out and a larger image with the chutes out below it???

BlackDog82
11-14-2010, 11:50:51 AM
to celebrate his 1989 Winston World Championship, I recall that Funny Car racer Bruce Larson had his printed with a view from above & behind the car, both chutes fully-deployed, on the back of the T-shirt:
mine is long-gone, or I'd post a picture here

vegas1974z28
11-14-2010, 11:03:59 PM
I'd put a quote across the back........like.......

"Let the Beatings Continue"
or
"Stop Shaking, you will be on the trailer in about 6 seconds"
"Just as fast as a speeding bullet"
"Mattie for President"
or a Ill Lic Plate that Says "NVRTRDY" across the back.

I got millions

mrdragster1970
11-15-2010, 08:23:13 AM

Thanks, I forgot to mention I have no artistic ability and I'm cheap.
That's why I need to steal an idea from someone else.

I will not have any smack talk on it, it will say something like JBL and Son Family Drag Racing only, and the car doing something??
No picture of me or anything fancy like picture in picture, and definitely no Mattie for anything!!!!!!!!!!!
Just want something for the guys to wear and give out to customers for their kids.
That way we at least have the same color shirts on, so we don't look like a bunch of hicks??
Like I said, I bought a case of misc size red tee shirts a few years ago, and they are just sitting on the shelf, so I might as well use them.

Thanks guys,

BlackDog82
11-15-2010, 09:06:39 AM
some of the members on this board might be able to offer ideas & assistance

http://classicfunnycarboard.com/CFB/index.php?board=11.0

scrapmetal
11-15-2010, 09:25:48 AM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc230/bigdummy71/DSCF1419-1-1.jpg

sponge003
11-15-2010, 09:37:49 AM
Do a single color (white, gray, black whatever) on the shirt of right after the burnout pulling up to the tree with the smoke hanging behind the car (or boiling off the tires etc.), have enough angle on it so people can tell it is your car.

The finish line shot with the chutes out would be good also.

Because it is a single color it wont have a lot of detail but with the right picture and angle of your car everyone should be able to get the idea.

Also I like the kind that looks like a negative image instead of a picture.

just some thoughts, single color shirts are cheaper and generally easier to do.

Paul

BlackDog82
11-15-2010, 09:51:22 AM
Do a single color (white, gray, black whatever) on the shirt of right after the burnout pulling up to the tree with the smoke hanging behind the car (or boiling off the tires etc.), have enough angle on it so people can tell it is your car.

The finish line shot with the chutes out would be good also.

Because it is a single color it wont have a lot of detail but with the right picture and angle of your car everyone should be able to get the idea.

Bunny Burkett's single-color (Black on Hot Pink) T-shirts
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/drag%20racing%202009/BunnyBurkett-BurnoutBreastcancerT-shirt001.jpg

actual car
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/drag%20racing%202009/BunnyBurkettatBSDJuly2010.jpg

vegas1974z28
11-15-2010, 09:59:40 AM
A picture of the Tree...underneath it "JBL racing, Saving Trees For 60 years"........or how ever long you've been racing ;)

Cardinal
11-15-2010, 10:06:13 AM
IF we EVER get the 87 S10 drag truck finished, we are facing the same dilema as you are. I am DEFINATLEY NOT artistic! My thoughts on this are to go to a T-shirt print shop. USUALLY they have a portfolio that you can pick a theme from.

My preferance would be to have a right front picture (the ones like we used to see on Rat Fink T-Shirts) of the S10 in a short wheel stand with smoke comming off of the tires, a set of Hilborn fuel injection stacks sticking out of the hood, flames out of the header staks, and a saying like, "it's not your grandfather's Dime".

mrdragster1970
11-22-2010, 07:48:56 AM

Thanks guys, the local place does not have any cars in their example book.
They do mostly business stuff. I did ask around for any local racers that do tee shirts, but no one answered??

The link helped a bunch, and I will spend some time after the holidays thinking about what design and photo to use.