View Full Version : 73 RS track/street car project

camcojb
03-19-2010, 12:12:00 PM
well, after several years I'm finally back into a second gen. Have had four 70-73's previously, but this should be the coolest one. Plan is for a lower dollar project that I can take to track events and also take to Power Tour, local cruises, and enjoy on the street. I have a budget goal of $30K max, we'll see if I can pull it off. Once I start on it I'll keep track of every dollar spent and include it in the build thread.

To start, I bought a 73 that had already had the rust issues repaired. New front fenders and inner fenderwheels, and new radiator support. Has a DSE minitub kit and quadralink out back, with a custom made C6 front clip and all new C6 a-arms, spindles, and hubs. Cage is in, subframe connectors welded through floor, 9" installed. I also have a complete LQ9 with CNC LS3 heads and custom cam, new LS3 intake, billet rails, and like new 90mm DBW throttle body. Bought a new GM front drive, have a Vette oil pan and an ATS pan to choose from. Coils, computer, starter, etc. also are here. Bought a 2000 mile T56 trans from a friend. Total investment for the car/engine/trans with shipping the car to me is about $11500. So I have almost $20K left to finish the car.

Anyway, I'll post up some pics of the car as-is in a few days, need to clear out some friends projects here at my house first. Here are a couple renderings I had done of what I hope the car ends up looking like. The stripes will be flat carbon fiber assuming the Anvil parts fit in my budget. Otherwise they'll be flat black. I want the car to be a metallic silver or grey with flat clear, but not sure I'm brave enough to do that, so I also had a rendering done in gloss silver which is my safe choice.

Here's the flat rendering by Ben Hermance:

http://www.camcojb.com/temp/grey73br.jpg

Here's one done in gloss silver by Carter Hickman:

http://www.camcojb.com/temp/73camarorenderingfinalr.jpg

Jody

Silverblue75
03-19-2010, 03:12:27 PM
what do you have left to finish? what does it look like now?

Twilight Cruiser
03-19-2010, 04:24:11 PM
Wow cool renderings. If you get the looks anything near these, you will have one of the best looking 2gens!
Can't wait to see it in real.

camcojb
03-19-2010, 04:54:54 PM
what do you have left to finish? what does it look like now?
a lot............. :) it's just a rolling shell with a chassis under it. I have some C6 Z51 brakes coming, donated by Mark Stielow. Major items I need are coil overs, wheels/tires, couple seats, dash, wiring, glass, etc. Tons to do but I think I can pull it off for my budget. I may be painting it myself, depending on budget.

Jody

camcojb
03-19-2010, 05:07:46 PM
Wow cool renderings. If you get the looks anything near these, you will have one of the best looking 2gens!
Can't wait to see it in real.
thanks!

Jody