View Full Version : Help

Chiefs75
09-07-2009, 06:06:53 PM
I just installed new hard lines from the tranny to the radiator. When I fired up the car to check for leaks, I noticed the lower one was leaking, as I went to tighten it, it totally stripped out.

Now what do I do. Is the piece that the line screws into replaceable? If so where do I find it? If not how do I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kirbi69
09-07-2009, 06:25:38 PM
if the small nut that screwes into the big nut stripped, then yes you can replace the both nuts. if the big nut stripped where it goes into the transmission, i dunno you might want to see about getting a new transmission.

Chiefs75
09-07-2009, 07:34:34 PM
Its the small end that recieves the line that stripped, looks like its built into the radiator, its threaded on the inside and the outside. How do I turn it out of there?

warped
09-08-2009, 03:48:30 PM
If the problem is at the rad, the best route is to take it out and get the rad to a good shop. They can use a little heat to get the broken fitting out, and if the other fitting gets buggered up, they can easily remove it and braze in a new one. I've been there and messed up the threads on the radiator fitting before. Not fun with fluid running everywhere. Good luck.

Chiefs75
09-08-2009, 05:38:20 PM
Thanks, I'll have to try and get it pulled this week and look for a local radiator shop. I was a bit upset that I was sitting there leaking tranny fluid all over the concrete driveway and my garage floor making a big ol mess!!