View Full Version : MSD ignition and Kwik Wire harness ????????

BB72R-Yes
05-17-2009, 02:05:35 AM
Does anyone out there happen to now if when rewiring with a Kwik Wire kit, and running MSD ignition, If it's necessary to run a wire to the battery lug on the starter? The only time I see the wire(#16) is in the section for wiring the G.M. Coil with ballast resistor. In the MSD section there is no mention of wire #16. Is this because in their diagram the MSD box feeds directly off the battery? Or am I just supposed to know this? Any help on this would be appreciated as I can't call their helpline before Monday.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p401/pablo112463/SCAN0002.jpg

MidniteZ
05-17-2009, 09:01:51 AM
The directions are kind of confusing on these kits, aren't they. I think I scratched my head over this one for awhile too, but the number 16 wire does have to go on your starter selenoid, even though it doesn't specifically spell it out in the MSD section. But up above in the written directions it says #16 connects to battery lug on starter selenoid. If you don't your car wont start. Good luck with the rest of the rewire.

BB72R-Yes
05-17-2009, 11:41:12 AM
Thanks for your help.

MidniteZ
05-17-2009, 08:47:02 PM
No problem. Put my Kwik Wire harness in my '79 last winter. It's really a good harness for the money, but the instructions can be a little vauge at times. If you figure out the wiring for the wipers, let me know. I still don't have mine hooked up. :)