View Full Version : I poked my eye, now I see blurry

RobSS1113
08-20-2008, 11:28:07 PM
:whine: Plz help .. is this gonna go away. Im so mad at myself. I was using the weedeater without my glasses on. I usually have my shades on when Im wacking the weeds but this time I left them in the truck and did not get them, Big mistake. I got drilled with a piece of rock or a chunk of weed right in the eyeball. Instantly I saw blurry. I went and washed my face and eyes in water but still nothing. I have / had 20/20 vision and now I have 20 in my left eye and crap on the right. Just right now on my way home the cars headlights and tail lights had an orro / a ring around the lights like the type you get when you swim in a pool with alot of chlorine, but when I closed my hurt eye and looked with my good eye I saw perfectly without the orro or ring around the lights.

Is this temperary? will it go away.

Camaro4life18
08-20-2008, 11:34:11 PM
lol, your asking a bunch of gear heads a medical problem...

But I would say if it didn't impact with too much force, it MIGHT not be too serious. If its not better by morning, go see a opthamologist...thats a real eye doctor..an MD...not like the glasses guys who are optometrists.

krabben1
08-20-2008, 11:36:31 PM
Go to the doctors.You might need an antibiotic in there.You dont want infection in an eye.

Camarofanatic73
08-20-2008, 11:38:16 PM
Git to the Doctor! You may have scratched your cornea or worse:eek:

Keizer
08-20-2008, 11:39:13 PM
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Man that freaked me out. A rock flew up and hit me right on the eye ball. I freaked and threw the weed wacker and stumbled to the house and sat down on the porch. I was afraid to look cause I thought for sure I lost the eye. I ended up going to the ER, and he put these special drops in my eye, and used a special light to look at my eye. The rock scratched the surface pretty good. It was blurry for a day or so and really watery. After it cleared up, I couldn't see distances very well for about two weeks. It eventually went back to normal. I won't pick up a weed wacker now without my full face shield on.

twozs
08-20-2008, 11:41:36 PM
i poked MY eye, now I see dead people!

kik_start
08-20-2008, 11:45:04 PM
title remind me of the movie A Christmas Story...lol
I told you you'll put your eye out! hahaha

go to the eye doctor, and good luck.

K5JMP
08-20-2008, 11:49:54 PM
go see an opthamoligist..
I have had several eye surgeries over the years... last one was to remove a chunk of rock that went thru my contact lense and lodged in the lense of my eye. Hurt like the dickens too
get it looked at Rob..
text under second pic on this page..:o
http://65.173.252.47/K5JMP_tower_proj/k5jmp_tower_proj.htm

Keizer
08-20-2008, 11:51:21 PM
When I was at the ER for my eye poking incident, he gave me some cream that really helped with the burning. It had some kind of deadening properties too which made it feel so much better.

There's nothing like almost losing your eye to get you to use eye protection religiously.

gordonquixote
08-20-2008, 11:51:54 PM
Don't poke your eye....

Go to the doctor. As far as parts of my body that I really don't want permanently injured, my eyes are way up on the list.

K5JMP
08-20-2008, 11:55:56 PM
When I was at the ER for my eye poking incident, he gave me some cream that really helped with the burning. It had some kind of deadening properties too which made it feel so much better.

There's nothing like almost losing your eye to get you to use eye protection religiously.

the pink drops are liquid procaine... lololol

Doug, didja follow the link... it's radio stuff.. lol'z:D

KJZ28
08-20-2008, 11:57:29 PM
I just read an article on this...Conclusion... go to the doctor.

Camaro4life18
08-20-2008, 11:58:47 PM
go see an opthamoligist..
I have had several eye surgeries over the years... last one was to remove a chunk of rock that went thru my contact lense and lodged in the lense of my eye. Hurt like the dickens too
get it looked at Rob..
text under second pic on this page..:o
http://65.173.252.47/K5JMP_tower_proj/k5jmp_tower_proj.htm

Thats a dirty Eskie you got on your page lol.
My parents actually breed Eskies...have about 20 of them back home. Great dogs!!

Keizer
08-20-2008, 11:59:10 PM
the pink drops are liquid procaine... lololol

Doug, didja follow the link... it's radio stuff.. lol'z:D

Looking now!

3SLO5
08-21-2008, 12:04:14 AM
At least you didnt get poked in your brown eye, you would have to go see a different kind of doctor.

K5JMP
08-21-2008, 12:04:52 AM
Thats a dirty Eskie you got on your page lol.
My parents actually breed Eskies...have about 20 of them back home. Great dogs!!

He is a registered Samoyed (http://www.samoyed.org/rescuelist.html)... excellent animal. More dog than most expect as a pup... unfortunately many are then abandoned and need recue.. follow the link. My pup is a saved animal.
loyal, smart... and eats anything that enters the yard. He is close to 90 lbs now.. I went out to feed da boyz Monday night and as soon as I turned on the light and let them out he chased down a cotton-tail and killed it.:eek: sucked to be the rabbit

RICARDO1969
08-21-2008, 12:07:29 AM
that sucks i got a piece of wire stuck in my cornia it was nasty but the doc fixed it up no problem and i got vicodin to boot lol

RobSS1113
08-21-2008, 12:07:48 AM
for sure its blurry , i swear i saw 13 replys on this sore matter. thanks guys for the input and Keiser i did almost the same thing but i just dropped the weed wacker. and walked away.

Twisted_Metal
08-21-2008, 12:16:11 AM
Eye test.....

http://i36.tinypic.com/34gva55.jpg

^^^ If she looks normal... You've got a wounded eye or you're very drunk. :(

Keizer
08-21-2008, 12:21:47 AM
Mike, that tower is quite a piece of work. Nice job. My oldest brother built a large antenna for his short wave when we were kids. It worked pretty good, but it was nothing like your set up.

I built a shop for a guy that was into ham radio. He had a large tower like you have. His wasn't one that could be lowered though, so he had to climb his.

K5JMP
08-21-2008, 12:27:11 AM
Mike, that tower is quite a piece of work. Nice job. My oldest brother built a large antenna for his short wave when we were kids. It worked pretty good, but it was nothing like your set up.

I built a shop for a guy that was into ham radio. He had a large tower like you have. His wasn't one that could be lowered though, so he had to climb his.

bad shoulder, knees and hip, I don't climb anymore.
so we bring the mountain to mohammed... lol (http://65.173.252.47/K5JMP_tower_proj/load_tower/tower_loading_started.htm)
antenna work in a lawn chair with a cold barley pop:cool:

Javelin3o4
08-21-2008, 12:31:33 AM
This reminds me when i was putting weed killer in one of those tanks you pump up and spray with, i pumped it up all of the sudden some how half the contents came flying out right into my face, eyes, mouth everywhere...I couldnt open my eyes, I could barely breath...I had to blindly walk to a sink where i could flush my face...my eyes were blood shot afterwards but I was ok.......thankfully.

Red70Camaro
08-21-2008, 12:36:32 AM
IMO go to the eye doc. I just got done dealing with a pc. of metal that was stuck in my eye, I went to the doc. the next day and they had to numb the eye and use a drill to get the metal out!

Doc. told me to sit still while he drilled the metal out, kind of hard to sit still when you're starring at a drill bit headed right for your eye!:screwup:

Then they had me wear a bandage contact for a few days, then the doc. had to scrap the rust "ring" from my eye, followed by a prescription eyedrops.

Everything seems to be fine now, I was wearing safety glasses and this still happened, now I wear safety goggles...

K5JMP
08-21-2008, 12:39:11 AM
you got the same line I did...
"now hold VERY still and remeber... it's your eye":eek: :confused:

gordonquixote
08-21-2008, 12:39:53 AM
At least you didnt get poked in your brown eye, you would have to go see a different kind of doctor.

lol - killin' me :confused:

My dad got a metal shaving in his eye and the fluid was draining out - had surgery - gaccckkk -I just threw up.

Keizer
08-21-2008, 12:42:00 AM
During my machinist career, I got this tiny little sliver of metal stuck in my eye. I remember the doc putting some drops in it, then wiping my eye ball with something (can't remember what) to get it out.

WBowie
08-21-2008, 01:26:15 AM
Go to the Doc!! I had a scratched cornea before. It can be pretty serious if you don't get it treated.

Brian79Z
08-21-2008, 07:45:10 AM
I'd cart you to the medical center... no lights & sirens though.. sorry.