View Full Version : Key Minder Switch

gwrba
12-20-2007, 01:41:38 AM
Hi!!!

Anyone knows how does the "Key Minder Switch" mechanism work ????

I know there are two wires that come from the turn signal switch and goes to some kind of switch so called the "key minder switch".... Where this switch is located ????? And how does it works ???

I've a 71 Camaro and i'm near to finish my re-wiring project. I would appreciate any information on this, since i want to keep all original!

Thanks!!!

undee72z
12-20-2007, 06:13:53 AM
Hi!!!

Anyone knows how does the "Key Minder Switch" mechanism work ????

I know there are two wires that come from the turn signal switch and goes to some kind of switch so called the "key minder switch".... Where this switch is located ????? And how does it works ???

I've a 71 Camaro and i'm near to finish my re-wiring project. I would appreciate any information on this, since i want to keep all original!

Thanks!!!
Key minder buzzer is located inside the horn relay. For horn relay wiring see here http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60844

From the horn relay, there is a 20g pink w/black strip that goes to steering column (it goes to key minder switch which is just below lock cyl.) From the key key minder switch (leaving the steering column) a 20g orange goes to the door pin switch. The door pin switch is grounded anytime the door is open. For the key minder to buzz, the key must be in IGN lock and the drivers door open.

For testing, disconnect 20g pink w/black strip from horn relay, connect a test wire and ground it, the buzzer should buzz. If it does reconnect 20g pink w/black strip to horn relay.

To test key minder switch, use a jumper and ground the 20g orange, the buzzer should buzz with the key in. If it won't buzz with door open, check door pin switch and connections going to it.

Hope this helps.